Skip to main content
Topic: My Salvage Yard Special / College Graduation present to myself (Frankinstien) (Read 2281 times) previous topic - next topic

My Salvage Yard Special / College Graduation present to myself (Frankinstien)

This is my 2001 F250 2wd Supercab 5.4L AT my fiancee bought me for graduation. It is a 1 owner truck has 187k and had a tree fall on it.

BJL lending a helping hand!

yes the (replacement tailgate) is rusty but it closes and since i work for the salvage yard, it and my fenders were free!

Persuasion

Replaced the broken rack worklights

Reply #1
I like it!!! Looks like a wrestlin' match!
88 5.0 LX  66,000 original miles
92 5.0 LX Mustang convertible 82,000 original miles

Reply #2
Very nice

It buffed right out lol

Reply #3
Very cool!  Built Ford tough!
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #4
The front end is getting a face lift soon, 05 f250 front bumper which will be modifed with a brush guard and spot lights, 05-07 grill, and 05-07 HD edition black headlight housings. I already got the bumper, grill and headlights are next!

Reply #5
Looks like good progress.  What is the normal lifespan of the 5.4 in a F250?

Ive heard nasty things about the modulars spitting plugs, or being damaging to change.  Anyone got experience?  Im kinda tinkering with the idea of a 3V f250 5.4 4x4.
Mike

Reply #7
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;410658
It's the 3V engine that has spark plug and cam phaser problems.

i work for a salvage yard DO NOT GO W/ ANY 3V 4.6 OR 5.4 we are selling them like hotcakes and the reman. motor company we deal with has the 3V's back ordered 3 months.... I have a spare 5.4l at home that i got from the yard as a core so i have all the parts or even a rebuildable block and heads if needed  ;)

Reply #8
i bought my truck w/ 186k and before the tree got it it was a fleet owned construction truck and 1owner since new, yes a work truck but ask BJL and he will add that my truck was very well maintained, not bad for a $1000 truck and a $65 hood, fenders were free from work, I threw on all new ball joints and tierods/ ends last weekend w/ BJL next is more bodywork and beginning my 05 frontend conversion

Reply #9
01 F series trucks all use 2V engines....  Except the Lincoln Navigator...which used a 300hp 5.4 with 32valves...

Yeah I have read the new 3V engines are not as good as the previous 2V design...spark plugs, timing chain, .....its too bad.  Hopefully the new Coyote 5.0/6.2 are better.

Travis

P.S.  I run a 5.3 in my Chevy....great engine..

Reply #10
BAD DAY... had a car stop short on me... totalled their car but wrecked only my bumper and grill...glad i bought a bumper last week, but my insurance will still go up.

Reply #11
Looks like a nice work in progress, can't beat that for a $1,000 truck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Reply #12
Quote from: Erik J Designs;410890
BAD DAY... had a car stop short on me... totalled their car but wrecked only my bumper and grill...glad i bought a bumper last week, but my insurance will still go up.

Sounds like Rt 287! ?? :hick: I commuted on that road for 2 yrs and dodged the bullet several times.  Good you had the truck.....but... bummer.
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #13

That sucks dude, people are idiots.

Reply #14

sorry to hear. what junkyard do you work for??