Skip to main content
Topic: This is why I HATE college (Read 1450 times) previous topic - next topic

This is why I HATE college

:mad: Well i walked out to the parking garage at college to find this on my bird tonight...
X

[SIZE="5"]TYPICAL BUMP AND RUN[/SIZE]

X
I couldn't even open the door!!! so after having my friend in the Rowan U. PD write up a report I climbed into the passenger side and drove to another part of the garage to pull out the fender atleast enough to open the drivers door.
X

Here is what i got it to look like after about and hour of pulling and careful tweaking, I will pull the rest of the dent when i bring it home this weekend to the garage. But i can get in now...Typical BS

Reply #1
Any security cameras there? My friends car got hit in the lot at his school and it was on camera. We actually have the footage of the whole thing.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #2
That sucks man.  Hope you find out who did it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
Nah, not that high tech of a school, they charge $160 per semester but ticket if you dont park in the right lot even if your permit says you can.... im now parked in the best 2 spots in the whole garage for protection!

X

Left: My ZX2 (which i have enough bodywork to last all summer)
Right: The bird

Reply #4
Sorry to hear this happened. IF you need a replacement fender, let me know. Although the posting does say you are in school for body work, you'll probably just pull it. I've got a ton of 88 v6 stuff hanging around, if you need anything.

Reply #5
Dude I know how you fill, I had a mustang freashly painted and I let a girl talk me into parking close to the club and we come out and same thing but on the passenger side.  It sucks!!!

Reply #6
Well erik its not as bad as i thought! we can massage that! no worries! it sucks that it happened but it could be worse! i was expecting the fender crushed in.
keep your head up. stop over if you need to relax.
Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash

Reply #7
That's not too bad, but still sucks cause it diminishes the Wow factor of your car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
First... yeah that more of what bugs me, just the fact that it happened more than the damage, especially since its usually parked in a section that is only accessible by flight lol... it was three from the hurricane (interior wall away from openings) and the car that was next to it used to be my ZX2 during the storm and the weeks after, i took it home for the weekend and lost the spot

Reply #9
That sucks man.

I too hated driving my car to college.  People just don't care.  I had a guy back a truck loaded full of brush (hanging over both sides of the bed) between my T-bird and my roommates nice '94 Camaro when I was in college.  We ran down and nearly got into a fist fight with the dude.  The brush was scratching both of our cars (the Camaro was worse).
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #10
Happen to my daughter today at college while in class :mad:

X

Reply #11
That sucks. Perhaps you could leave the T-bird at home?

I took public transit to my undergrad so I didn't have to worry about my car being damaged. I bought my Focus two weeks into grad school, and I drove to grad school as it was close and in a nice neighborhood. Two weeks after getting the Focus (brand new car) someone hit the driver's side rear bumper and scuffed it pretty good. A $150 trip to the body shop and it was fixed. I was pissed because  it my two week old car got hit.

Two weeks after we got the Mustang (again brand new car) some jack asshiznit it at my girlfriends work in the parking garage. A dent, scuff, and broken taillight lens was $1500 to fix, insurance paid $1100 of that. I was not happy.

So moral of the story: don't buy a new Ford in any shade of blue as some jack ass will hit your car and run away.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.