Skip to main content
Topic: Looking for 4 Lug 15 Inch Steelies for my Bird (Read 527 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for 4 Lug 15 Inch Steelies for my Bird

Anyone know where to find any 15" steelies for my bird... I want to throw on the Turbo Coupe brakes and Low profile White Wall Tires! If anyone can locate low profile white wall tires (15inch) I'd like to throw wide tires on the back if i can find them

Reply #1
I think you'll need 16 inch to clear the TC brakes. They came with 16inch alum wheels.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #2
I've had turbines on my sport when it had the 11" fronts....the front rotors and calipers are bigger than the rear....
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;399668
I've had turbines on my sport when it had the 11" fronts....the front rotors and calipers are bigger than the rear....

Yeah some Mustang GT's had the 15" turbines with the same turbo-coupe 11" setup up front

Reply #4
I stand corrected :P I always thought that was why the tc got 16's
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #5
Some of the first year or so turbines will NOT clear, but if they (and 10 holes, for that matter) have an E7 part number, they'll clear the bigger brake setup :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6