Skip to main content
Topic: My newly aquired 88 Thunderbird V6 (Read 10791 times) previous topic - next topic

My newly aquired 88 Thunderbird V6

XXX

I plan to lower the back a little more.

This is my second fox body bid I've owned I had a 88 Turbo coupe a few years ago

Reply #1
 the front looks low.
any other plans for it?
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #2
Do you not have springs on it or is it bagged? Haha Sweet bird though.. my car isn't lowered and ses if I try to enter a inclined parking lot faster than 5mph,would hate to be that low but I kinda dig the look of steelies and white walls.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
Yeah it'll be getting a LX V8 digital guage cluster (i want a factory tach), possibly black wheels with the same beauty rings and red pinstripes on the rings. I may go for a more stanced look with wider white wall tires and complete the whole 50's ratrod look the owner before me was going for. I tore my left knee up so i had to buy an AT. Ill bring it to some shows!!! im hoping to eventually throw a Supercoupe 3.8 in it so it has some uniqueness in the Getup & Go Dept.

Reply #4
lol its on cut springs in front and they heated the rears ( they will soon be replaced with cut rears "IM LOOKING FOR REAR SPRINGS BTW") eventually i would like to bag it but for now I'm not having and problems in the parking garage at college w/ rubbing.

Reply #5
XXX

Reply #6
Just throw a buttstuffog speedo/tach from a Turbo coupe in their the full digital dash is a pain from what i've heard. I like the stance though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #7
and a turbo or v8 right?
 or just new head gaskets every once in a while?

Reply #8
Yeah BJL and I are going to mess with some stuff and see what we can do with gauge options i have a 2 gauge A pillar pod for it too (from my last Bird).
XXX
(baby seat not mine... previous owner pics)

Reply #9
It runs great im not worrying about the engine I plan to throw in a Supercoupe 3.8 in eventually if not maybe a Turbocoupe engine or another odd ball setup

Reply #10
Very nice!!
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #11
how much lower do you reckon the front could go? :P
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #12
I kind of like the slight rake. That car looks to be in great condition, very nice.
85 TC stock auto
87 Sport 347, C4, 750 carb, LT, 3" exhaust

Reply #13
With the cut coils, I see a couple of issues, not the least of which is the excessive negative camber and of course the resulting bump steer.  A better way to achieve this amount of lowering, if that is what is desired, is to use drop spindles in addition to mild uncut lowering springs.  Not only would this solution provide a better ride, but would allow proper alignment, minimize bump steer and prevent or greatly reduce improper tire wear.

Reply #14
the rake is nice. but the back end bounces like a b***h.
its a very clean car, looks to have factory rust proofing. there are ford emblem embossed on the plugs. im impressed at the price he got it for and what it is. i made him promise not to get the trunk carpet dirty as it flawless. as it the rest of the interior. minus the cig smoke smell. i didnt drive it and but i didnt notice bump steer as a passenger. it doesnt se. my tc ss on a peeble, but this v6 doesnt on bumps, lol.
it needs a lil growl. too quiet now. maybe put on a super turbo  to give a tone.. but too much. gonna try and find rear springs for it and cut them. give it a rake with out bounce
i have a few clusters in my collection of tbird parts. i think the digi cluster/tach with gas mileage counter would be great for him. i just dont know if the EEC has a fuel data output signal like my tc does.
this is a great car for erik. and since we work together on alot of his projects. this being a ford especially a tbird makes it easier to acquire parts and fix.
im excited for him on this car.
Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash