Skip to main content
Topic: And so it begins.... (Read 8111 times) previous topic - next topic

And so it begins....

Reply #30
Drilled the mounting holes for the airdam, temporarily mounted it. Had to drill one hole on each side to mount the TC fender mouldings, not shown.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

And so it begins....

Reply #31
Now for the part probably no one here will like.....:shakeass:
Got the wing layed out and mounted. The curve of the wing matches the body line on the quarter.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

And so it begins....

Reply #32
A pic of the LX quarter windows that I got in a trade with Beau (Thanks again), that are replacing the Sport windows.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

And so it begins....

Reply #33
I love the work you're doing,but the wing seems too wide. Thunderbirds, in my opinion, don't take spoilers on the trunk as well as Cougars due to the short trunk lid. I'd say prep and paint the spoiler, but don't drill holes in the lid yet. After the holes are drilled, it's done. Be careful not to overload the car with "stuff". It doesn't take very much to go overboard with these Birds.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

And so it begins....

Reply #34
Quote from: cougarman;353805
Now for the part probably no one here will like.....:shakeass:

Got the wing layed out and mounted. The curve of the wing matches the body line on the quarter.

Hence why I wrote this...lol. Sorry Vinnie ;), the wing is staying, the only other stuff that is going on is the rest of the FX package...whoo hooo. :D:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

And so it begins....

Reply #35
Coming along! Interesting body kit. I'm not sure yet, I'll have to see it done to have an opinion. Definitely adds 'weight' to the look of the front end.

And so it begins....

Reply #36
Love it! :)

Speaking of wings...I came this > < close to snagging a wing off of a Firebird in the junkyard last sunday...didnt get it only because I didnt have a tape measure to "test" it against a tbird trunklid...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

And so it begins....

Reply #37
Thanks, the wing is just a touch over 58", it's originally for a '69 Mach 1.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

And so it begins....

Reply #38
You will need wider wheels and tires to even out the ground effects. Any thoughts on a different rim package?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

And so it begins....

Reply #39
Kinda leaning towards these...:bowdown::D  The 14" 8- holes are definately going bye bye.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

And so it begins....

Reply #40
Small progress, got the spoiler and some trim pieces in epoxy primer.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

And so it begins....

Reply #41
Gee, I need to get to work.  I'm thinking strip everything and send the shell to you for the body work.  You can handle two class projects....right?

It really doesn't look this good.  It's got a sunburn and the clear is peeling bad.

Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

And so it begins....

Reply #42
Don't wo0rk beyond your means (meaning time, motivation, ability,and reality).Most people who start basically a full strip and build end up quitting and sping it.  I advise to get a notebook, make a list of what you want to do, what you NEED, What you WANT, what you have. Then go from there. It works like a blueprint, and helps you actually see the progress on paper when you can't see it on the car (although it is happening), and gives you point of reference and to see goals are being met. Works for me.

And so it begins....

Reply #43
True, true. Easy to get bogged down and really easy to underestimate the time and money required.

And so it begins....

Reply #44
Quote from: cougarman;356838
Small progress, got the spoiler and some trim pieces in epoxy primer.:D

Keep plugging!