Skip to main content
Topic: Why does Europe get all the cool Foci? (Read 6567 times) previous topic - next topic

Why does Europe get all the cool Foci?

Reply #1
Its been confirmed we are getting the European Focus the next time its freshened ;)

Reply #2
Wow that is a pretty sharp looking car.  Ford's styling department has been doing  good lately IMO.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #3
Eh, I don't like it. I'm sure this won't be the "commuter" car body but it's better than the current one.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #4
Looks like a  civic.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #5
Heh I live in Europe I think: why US get all the cool fords. I think it will always be like this that european man sells his mercedes to get mustang & the other way round

Reply #6
Wow i hated the original Focus St's but this 2nd gen ST looks slick. Certainly will be on the look out for these.

Reply #7
I just wish we could get the Diesel engine option here in the US.
1987 TC

Reply #8
Quote from: HAVI;292333

Back in 2006 when I bought my 5 Speed Focus I was asking about that. They (the stealership) claimed to know nothing about a diesel Focus and when I inquired about having one shipped over.......

Was going to be an extra $25,000 just to get it shipped here to the states and "legalized" for road use. I've been a fan of the 'ol diesels myself now for a few years, it is unfortunate that the public's view of a diesel engine is still the old, dirty noisy engines of decades past.

I would trade in my gasser Focus for a diesel Focus, no questions about it, and my MPG would go up too.

Just a little "fun" fact, the 4BT in my user name is the spoogemins 4BT "little brother" of the 6BT's that Dodge uses in the Ram's and part of a repower project for a S10 Blazer I hope to finish some day.

4BT Panther

Reply #9
Quote from: HAVI;292333

Why would you like to get the Diesel ?

Markku

Reply #10
Why not?

2011 Focus RS500

Reply #11
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/ford-focus-rs500-hacks-out-onto-the-internet-ahead-of-schedule/

That is probably the best  looking Focus I have ever seen (hate the wheels). It needs AWD though. Especially with nearly 340lb/ft of torque on tap. And of course it is only in Europe... not that I could afford one.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #12
Because they have cool accents.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #13
Also, they're only building 500 of them, so even if they did sell them in North America, there would only be about 50 of them coming here, and that would make them about $75k (exaggerating, but probably not off by much).

Reply #14
You guys hear that Ford is talking about merging SVT and RS group? They want a tuner house that is globally recognized I guess...