Skip to main content
Topic: Government Bails Out Auto Industry (Read 2371 times) previous topic - next topic

Government Bails Out Auto Industry

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081219/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_autos

Well,  I guess it happened.

It is good news for workers.

An easy way out for Managers/Executives who made the bad decisions which got the company in trouble.

Bad news for taxpayers.  We prop up companies who fail, all the while the executives keep taking their millions in pay/bonuses/perks.  I do know part of the package will limit executive pay, but I think maybe the government should have said if We (government/taxpayers) invest you executives should put some of your own money back in as well.  This goes for car companies and the bank bailout.

If the small businessperson is in trouble/failing they are on their own.  If he or she makes poor decisions and the employees of that business are out of work they are SOL.  Guess it pays to contribute to the campaign's of our leaders.

Now that the government has partial ownership in private businesses it would seem that could be construed as a boarder line component of communism.  Didn't we spend quite a few years defending against that?  Well,  GW hasn't won the war on terrorism seems to have reopened the cold war, potentially lost it, and dragged the country into a period which before it is over could rival or be worse than the great depression of the 1930's.  Good Job!

Sorry for the rant guess I have a sore spot on this one since no one helps me, but I have to pay the price when others screw up.

Reply #1
Any stock you buy in the big 3 within the next 5 years should be tax deductible.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #2
I'm very happy to hear this news...this is good news for everyone. The Big 3 is what started the middle class in this country, and I think that is something worth saving. Ya, I agree, some bad decisions were made by the execs, and money wasted, but a bankrupcy of one or more of the Big 3 would mostly hurt the middle class and not the execs anyway.  If the Big 3 went into bankrupty, they would force a lot of the auto suppliers into backrupty also, and this would even affect the ability to get replacement parts for our old cars.  It's all connected...Americans should support American owned companies and American manufactures as much as possible. Let's keep people employed!
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

Reply #3
Ford is not taking any of the relief money....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #4
Quote from: Chuck W;248150
Ford is not taking any of the relief money....

this is true. 

Hearing about the bennies the autoworkers union gets, I'm really jealous.  Only benefit I get is the fact they won't be competing with me in looking for a new job.
1987 TC

Reply #5
Quote from: 88BlueBird;248147
  If the Big 3 went into bankrupty, they would force a lot of the auto suppliers into backrupty also, and this would even affect the ability to get replacement parts for our old cars.  It's all connected...Americans should support American owned companies and American manufactures as much as possible. Let's keep people employed!

well how many of the big 3 make there cars/trucks/suv/mini van/  parts in the USA?
 how many of there products are assemble in the USA???

OK ,IF OUR "USA TAX MONEY" IS GOING TO BE USE TO HELP THEM OUT- THEN THERE PRODUCT NEED TO BE 100PERCENT MADE AND ASSEMBLE ON USA LAND AND BY USA PEOPLE WITH USA CITIZENSHIP!!!!!!!!!
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!