Skip to main content
Topic: Original cars, owners, dospoogeentation (Read 66805 times) previous topic - next topic

Original cars, owners, dospoogeentation

Reply #60
Quote from: irv;291499
we would like to see  your original dealer items and more
pictures of the car.sure looks nice. i always liked the
look of the tc's.

Oh Dave D......you know we would love some more pictures!!:D

I'll start. Here's an original 1983 Thunderbird Heritage dealership cardboard display.  Check out the TRX wheels and whitewalls!  Love that old skool look!!! :hick:
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #61
Quote from: daminc;287578
I got mine and I'm afraid to remove it.

mine is in the same place underneath the pass side seat

photos of my 86 turbo coupe

Reply #62
Oh Rod, here are some more photos...........

Reply #63
ok, someone toss me a towel please....

Reply #64
Interesting find on my 83 5.0L Heritage. While looking for factory markings I noticed the fan shroud is a E4 part number. I've owned the car from new and the shroud is original. Manufacture date of the car is 04/83.

Can all you 83 owners run out and check the part number on your fan shroud? :D
tbirdregistry.com

Another factory marking

Reply #65
83 Heritage>>

Looks like another factory marking on the top of the strut mount. Anyone else ever see this?

Notice the undercoating. I had the car undercoated when I bought it (which probably helped it last this long) and one time I cleaned the engine bay I used a degreaser that melted away the undercoating leaving behind nice original paint. Sure wish I still had some of that degreaser! One of my future projects is to remove all of the remaining undercoating under the hood.
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #66
Hey Rod, where was that car when I was at your place? How's everything? Still in the Alburtis area?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #67
Quote from: Dave D;293205
Oh Rod, here are some more photos...........

yo,, is that "huntingdon IN?"

if so,Ill be there in a week or so.

Reply #68
no, It's in PA,  Dave

Reply #69
Quote from: rodsterh;296735
Interesting find on my 83 5.0L Heritage. While looking for factory markings I noticed the fan shroud is a E4 part number. I've owned the car from new and the shroud is original. Manufacture date of the car is 04/83.
Can all you 83 owners run out and check the part number on your fan shroud? :D

-well. technically that is not a part #.  that is a service engineering number.  that is what is used internally at Ford for service part levels, meaning the evolution of the part, or how many changes it has had.  todays parts sees most of its evolutionary changes shown with the suffix part of the number, but back then it was not uncommon for them to change the prefix of the part number.  so just because the # seems to be an '84 #, doesnt mean it was meant for the '84 cars.  if you cross that engineering part #  to a Ford service part #(which is the number on the box when you buy a part from Ford) the number is a E4SZ-8146-A. now just going by what i have infront of me to use(i have more boxed away in my garage.;)), E4SZ-8146-A is the part number shown to be used as the service part upon the last issue (1992) of the 1980-89 Ford parts catalog, and its showing that E4SE-8146-BA was the engineering number.  now thats not saying there wasnt a shroud with an E3 engineering made and used on '83 cars, because they could have redesigned/made a running change to it as production was going and implemented it on the line as they were being built, because if ur build date is 4/83, remember they started production of them in the latter part of '82 , so production had been ongoing for prolly 6-8 months. a change would not be uncommon.  the thing to do would be to find earlier production date cars with that engine combo and see if there is another  engineering # on them, and for me to find some of the earlier books/microfische from where the '83 model years were added to the system to see if another # was offered. but from all i have in front of me now, shows that reguardless if it was an '83, it should have that particular shroud on those cars. maybe that will help muddy the waters for u......:hick:
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #70
Regarding dospoogeentation, would Ford parts be an appropriate thing to dospoogeent, eg parts, boxes, other dospoogeentation and such?

Does anyone have a list of things they want or need WRT info (this is mostly aimed at Eric, who seems to be the 2-legged Encyclopedia T-Bird/Cougar-ia)?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #71
Quote from: Kitz Kat;296769
Hey Rod, where was that car when I was at your place? How's everything? Still in the Alburtis area?

Tucked safely away! :hick:  Keeping busy, still around, just don't have a lot of time to play with the cars lately.
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #72
Quote from: shorangerbird;298210
-well. technically that is not a part #.  that is a service engineering number.  that is what is used internally at Ford for service part levels, meaning the evolution of the part, or how many changes it has had.  todays parts sees most of its evolutionary changes shown with the suffix part of the number, but back then it was not uncommon for them to change the prefix of the part number.  so just because the # seems to be an '84 #, doesnt mean it was meant for the '84 cars.  if you cross that engineering part #  to a Ford service part #(which is the number on the box when you buy a part from Ford) the number is a E4SZ-8146-A. now just going by what i have infront of me to use(i have more boxed away in my garage.;)), E4SZ-8146-A is the part number shown to be used as the service part upon the last issue (1992) of the 1980-89 Ford parts catalog, and its showing that E4SE-8146-BA was the engineering number.  now thats not saying there wasnt a shroud with an E3 engineering made and used on '83 cars, because they could have redesigned/made a running change to it as production was going and implemented it on the line as they were being built, because if ur build date is 4/83, remember they started production of them in the latter part of '82 , so production had been ongoing for prolly 6-8 months. a change would not be uncommon.  the thing to do would be to find earlier production date cars with that engine combo and see if there is another  engineering # on them, and for me to find some of the earlier books/microfische from where the '83 model years were added to the system to see if another # was offered. but from all i have in front of me now, shows that reguardless if it was an '83, it should have that particular shroud on those cars. maybe that will help muddy the waters for u......:hick:

Yea, I jumped the gun a bit when I saw the E4. I now see it is an engineering #.  You provided lots of good info, thanks.

It still seems unusual to me to find a factory original part with a later # than the year of the car. I would expect to see E0, E1, E2 and maybe even some D8,9 parts but not E4 or newer on a 1983???

I understand service parts could easily have a later number since the original part might be superseded and if a repair is made the latest part is used.

I'll be curious to see if I ever come across a fan shroud with a E3.

Any other 83 owners out there?? Check your fan shroud. :D
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #73
Quote from: t3skidoo;298242
Regarding dospoogeentation, would Ford parts be an appropriate thing to dospoogeent, eg parts, boxes, other dospoogeentation and such?

Does anyone have a list of things they want or need WRT info (this is mostly aimed at Eric, who seems to be the 2-legged Encyclopedia T-Bird/Cougar-ia)?

Anything we can dospoogeent now will be of help later. As time goes on, it gets harder to find sources to dospoogeent.

I would have loved to have digital camera many years ago while wandering through the junkyards.
tbirdregistry.com

Engine bay VIN decals

Reply #74
Quote from: jcassity;309298
I do not see a vin sticker like we all have / had on the inner part of the fender well along the engine bay shot.

Quote from: rodsterh;309526
I'm not sure they appeared on the early cars? I think they showed up around 1987.

Anyone have an early car with the vin decal?

Quote from: jandmmustangs;309536
The 86 I have as a parts car has those stickers...

I copied this topic here since it was good reference info but it was in the Marketplace section.

Any cars earlier than 86 w/ the decals?
tbirdregistry.com