Skip to main content
Topic: Where did street racing go? (Read 5728 times) previous topic - next topic

Where did street racing go?

Reply #15
Quote from: ~AC;264732
what if paul walker encounters a cougarbird and makes our cars value sky rocket like the supra, corrolla, and 240sx. :hick:

Yeah, thats just what we need. A bunch of retarded children who saw the car in the movie, buying one and putting a god aweful wing on the back with sh*tcan lers, and a whole bunch of stickers  for parts he doesn't even have and a tape on hood scoop and calling it fast. Thats definitely a direction we should hope never happens to our cars. Let the Supras have it.

Reply #16
Quote from: 86XR7project;264768
Yeah, thats just what we need. A bunch of retarded children who saw the car in the movie, buying one and putting a god aweful wing on the back with sh*tcan lers, and a whole bunch of stickers  for parts he doesn't even have and a tape on hood scoop and calling it fast. Thats definitely a direction we should hope never happens to our cars. Let the Supras have it.

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. :D
1987 TC

Reply #17
lol i agree.....
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #18
I have seen them stickers (AEM, Edelbrock,ect) at the Dollar Tree here, And It's hilarious when I see them on some punk kids civic - Knowing they have noting more than a ler and a wing, Maybe a Super fast brake upgrade....
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #19
Did you guys see the write up in the lastest issue of Hotrod about the making of the new F&F movie?  They destroy so many nice cars (i'm talking like $20,000 nice, original Chargers, etc) to make those movies!  I'd be cool with them cutting up Hondas and stuff but they go out and buy up NICE muscle cars and then proceed to destroy them over the course of filming.  As some one else stated, at least they have figured out that american iron rules over ricers and that seems to be the main focus of the new movie.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #20
Quote from: 50tbrd88;264948
Did you guys see the write up in the lastest issue of Hotrod about the making of the new F&F movie?  They destroy so many nice cars (i'm talking like $20,000 nice, original Chargers, etc) to make those movies!  I'd be cool with them cutting up Hondas and stuff but they go out and buy up NICE muscle cars and then proceed to destroy them over the course of filming.  As some one else stated, at least they have figured out that american iron rules over ricers and that seems to be the main focus of the new movie.

Scan that page for us-I want to read the article.

Reply #21
hah, look at it this way.  there will be a bunch of wrecked ones we can salvage parts from since those children cant drive.  they'll have a stock SO trying to pull the front tires off the ground in the rain right before they meet the DITCH thanks to the open differential.

nah really..

Too bad they didnt use cars like that "buyer beware" 442.  the body would look good stamping the bumper with a CGI undercarriage. noo, they prolly used solid, off the frame restored cars or even low milage original "drivers."  i dont really care much if they beat a driver into the ground... but a meticulously cared for car, dieing a horrible beat down death... they can eat S^!# and D!& so to speak.  i just wonder what that camaro was using to lift the front wheels off the ground.. in DIRT.  :toilet:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #22
I'm watching 2Fast 2Furious now :hick:

I have no idea why I feel compelled to watch these movies when they're on.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #23
i do the same thing.. but i usually pick the movie apart from what they say to what i see on the screen.  (kinda like pointing out the cannon that fired literally a telephone pole out from under the days of thunder car when the car flips... you can see the cannon in the film but i saw the car in a museum.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #24
Quote from: ~AC;264984
  i just wonder what that camaro was using to lift the front wheels off the ground.. in DIRT.  :toilet:

Its an 80-115lb chunk of steel on a bracket welded on the back of the frame. Kinda lame if you ask me.

Reply #25
yeh i saw that on the HBO "first look."  i thought it was a engine block at first but as my eyes adjusted i figured it was really prolly lead weights.  Also diehard ford fans are ganna be just as mad as the bowtie guys would be over the chevelles.  the guy thats basically what seems to be a "bad guy" or whatever, drives a 72 Ford Gran Torino GT, green/white.  so expect that car to be killed in mexican smuggling tunnel.  from a driving angle, as in the guys who stunt drove the cars.. it does look fun untill the CGI kicks in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #26
Quote from: ~AC;265194
yeh i saw that on the HBO "first look."  i thought it was a engine block at first but as my eyes adjusted i figured it was really prolly lead weights.  Also diehard ford fans are ganna be just as mad as the bowtie guys would be over the chevelles.  the guy thats basically what seems to be a "bad guy" or whatever, drives a 72 Ford Gran Torino GT, green/white.  so expect that car to be killed in mexican smuggling tunnel.  from a driving angle, as in the guys who stunt drove the cars.. it does look fun untill the CGI kicks in.

Think it will worsen when they find out it has a small block chevy in it?

Reply #27
Quote from: 86XR7project;265237
Think it will worsen when they find out it has a small block chevy in it?

your joking :confused:

thats just as bad with the mustang in the last one with the nissan motor they pulled out of the vandalized S15 Silvia at the end... :disappoin

it looked like an RB26 but it had an aftermarket, unmarked, and chromed valve cover on it sooooo...... im pretty sure the S15 still had the SR20 stock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #28
Quote from: ~AC;265446
your joking :confused:

thats just as bad with the mustang in the last one with the nissan motor they pulled out of the vandalized S15 Silvia at the end... :disappoin

it looked like an RB26 but it had an aftermarket, unmarked, and chromed valve cover on it sooooo...... im pretty sure the S15 still had the SR20 stock.

No unfortunately I am not joking, they made everything use a small block so the parts would be easier to switch out with what they had on hand.

The Mustang was an interesting idea but I'd rather have an older one with a Terminator.

Yeah Silvias have SR20DET motors (Red top) but if you take a RB26DETT motor out of a R34 and a oil pan from an R33 it fits just fine. I have no idea why I know that, I do read alot about anything with wheels.

Reply #29
Quote from: Cougar5.0;264993
I'm watching 2Fast 2Furious now :hick:

I have no idea why I feel compelled to watch these movies when they're on.

Because the car community has no movies being made targeted toward them anymore.
1986 Cougar LS