Skip to main content
Topic: 3000 stall non lockup AOD converter for trade (Read 870 times) previous topic - next topic

3000 stall non lockup AOD converter for trade

I'm looking for a 2500-3000 lockup converter far a AOD. I have a 3000 stall non-lockup converter to trade.

The only reson for this offer is I just bought a 3200 10" converter for my track car and I figured I would put the 3000 stall in my DD car.
But I would rather retain lockup for a car I'll be driving 98 miles a day.

If nothing in about 3 weeks Ill just put the 3000 in.
FORD The Pacemaker of a CHEVY

Reply #1
Bump for the night.

Reply #2
I'll pay shipping charges both ways.

Reply #3
Another bump for the night.

Reply #4
Do you have any idea hom much fun this converter is?

Reply #5
no interest at all?

Reply #6
Is there anybody out there?

Reply #7
I don't think everyone knows how they work. If I had my auto yet I would be interested.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #8
Yeah if this was like a year ago I'd be flooding you with PM's lol :hick:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #9
whats the difference between lockup n non lockup

Reply #10
without lockup you don't get that huge RPM drop from 2nd to 3rd and it still uses torque multiplication in 3rd and 4th. the drawback is you lose about 1-2 mpg highway and the trans runs hotter (you will need a trans cooler).

The AOD doesn't really have lockup, it has a direct drive that is used for 3rd and 4th. If you look at a AOD with the converter off you will see a small shaft in the middle which is the direct shaft then the next one is the impeller driven shaft.

The only reason i want to retain lockup is because I drive this car 114 miles a day.

Reply #11
i have a 2800 in my garage but i gotta see what it is  its a pro torque  what brand is urs

Reply #12
Quote from: 87badbird2613;320041
i have a 2800 in my garage but i gotta see what it is  its a pro torque  what brand is urs

it was from Ford racing quite some time ago. but it has had very little use.

Where in south Jersey are you located if you don't mind me asking?

Reply #13
bellmawr

Reply #14
Quote from: 87badbird2613;320041

If you'r not interested in a trade would you want ot sell the converter? Only if it still has direct drive.