Skip to main content
Topic: Wtb:140 mph speedo or face for it (Read 702 times) previous topic - next topic

Wtb:140 mph speedo or face for it

Hey guys im new here, im looking for the 140 mph speedo for an 88 t-bird. i found all the tech articles for it but i cant get the face plate right. so if some one has a whole speedo for sale or can just make the face plate i am very interested. its for my 88 5.0 bird that i just converted to the turbo nose.:burnout: any help would be appreciated
88 T-BIRD, 302 WITH GT-40 HEADS, MASS AIR CONVERSION, BBK COLD AIR INTAKE, PRO-M MASS AIR,CRANE CAM, 1.7 ROCKERS, 5 LUG CONVERSION, TURBO NOSE AND HOOD CONVERSION, DUMPED FLOWMASTER EXHAUST, 4.10 GEARS,TREMEC T-5, SUMMIT RACING PRO STAR KNOCK OFF WHEELS:evilgrin::burnout:

Reply #1
I have no connection to this, but this guy is on the TurboTbird site. Had it on Ebay twice with no bids so you may want to contact him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230443461717

Again, I don't know anything about the seller or the product, so buyer beware and all that.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #2
Yeah that auction has ended. i have the info to change the resistor/diode buti cant seem to get the face the right size. just need to know if some one still can do this and how much to make me a black face for the speedo and tach with the t bird emblem on it with shipping to florida.
88 T-BIRD, 302 WITH GT-40 HEADS, MASS AIR CONVERSION, BBK COLD AIR INTAKE, PRO-M MASS AIR,CRANE CAM, 1.7 ROCKERS, 5 LUG CONVERSION, TURBO NOSE AND HOOD CONVERSION, DUMPED FLOWMASTER EXHAUST, 4.10 GEARS,TREMEC T-5, SUMMIT RACING PRO STAR KNOCK OFF WHEELS:evilgrin::burnout:

Reply #3
Quote from: walters88bird;313325
Yeah that auction has ended. i have the info to change the resistor/diode buti cant seem to get the face the right size. just need to know if some one still can do this and how much to make me a black face for the speedo and tach with the t bird emblem on it with shipping to florida.

I know the auction ended, and he re-listed it, and that auction ended, but the unit didn't sell so he may be willing to deal. Just a thought.

As for making a face, you got me on that one!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #5
I might be interested in selling mine, since my car just sits. Send me a pm with your email and I'll send some pics.

Jim

Reply #7
yeah that was mine, and i still got it if you want it

Reply #8
Quote from: kendoo130;313390
I had someone make me faces a while ago-they can be seen on page 4 of this thread

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=20747

How have they held up?

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

Reply #9
They are holding up perfectly-They illuminate just like the stock faces. I'm very happy with the quality.

Reply #10
Quote from: kendoo130;313438
They are holding up perfectly-They illuminate just like the stock faces. I'm very happy with the quality.

Great... now I have an idea. :D

I'll have to wait until after our move to TN, and I'll need a Sport tach...

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

Reply #11
KENDOO130, do you still have the contact info for who made them for you? if so can you find out if they can make me some? i've tried to make them my self using the stuff off of the tech artical and the media picture but the face will not come out right for me.

Reply #12
Just check the thread where I posted the pics-its on the 4th page.