Skip to main content
Topic: Rear seat belt 88 (Read 1637 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear seat belt 88

In owners manual (pg 69) it says you could get shoulder belts mounted in the rear seat, unfortunatly no part number.
Does anyone know the part number?
Any Picture of such parts?

Is it possible to use Mustang Coupe 90-93 belts?

Would like to have "same" style of buckle.

Rear seat belt 88

Reply #1
I have a set of them I believe in dark grey/black. They have Ford tag sewn on them but I don't recall seeing a part #. I believe they were a dealer added item. I parted the car they were in and I've never seen another set.

Rear seat belt 88

Reply #2
The owner's manual mentions them and even shows where to mount them.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Rear seat belt 88

Reply #3
Well if the parts were available at one time I'm pretty sure they no longer are. I've never seen any for sale either.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Rear seat belt 88

Reply #4
That has to be a pretty rare item. I've never seen them.

Rear seat belt 88

Reply #5
Thank´s!
That means they do exist!
Could you take some photos? Espcially the brackets in different angels but also hole setup.
Are there any covers over the retractor?
Pictures would be nice since most of us never seen any.
(By the way looking for light gray)
Quote from: Fearnot;458994
I have a set of them I believe in dark grey/black. They have Ford tag sewn on them but I don't recall seeing a part #. I believe they were a dealer added item. I parted the car they were in and I've never seen another set.

Rear seat belt 88

Reply #6
Quote from: Sport26;459020
Thank´s!
That means they do exist!
Could you take some photos? Espcially the brackets in different angels but also hole setup.
Are there any covers over the retractor?
Pictures would be nice since most of us never seen any.
(By the way looking for light gray)

I can pull them out and get some pics for you. If I recall, they're the shoulder belts only. They just kept the original lap belt with the retractors and added the shoulder belt that used it's own buckle. I believe the plastic cover that went over the bolt on the package tray were pr0ne to deterioration from the sun. I'll post them once I dig the belts out of the attic.