Skip to main content
Topic: 1987 rear window trim (Read 561 times) previous topic - next topic

1987 rear window trim

I have  a  very  nice  set  of  rear window  trim for  a 87 Turbocoupe. Trim is nice , not bent. Rubber trim is stiff and starting  to  crack but is intact .  $150  plus the shipping . XX

1987 rear window trim

Reply #1
Can you take pictures of how these things mount on the car? Been wanting to find a way to replace my rubber single piece with the metal multi, but I have no idea what I need to modify/add so these can attach.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

1987 rear window trim

Reply #2
Quote from: Seek;457272
Can you take pictures of how these things mount on the car? Been wanting to find a way to replace my rubber single piece with the metal multi, but I have no idea what I need to modify/add so these can attach.

The 87s used clips that attach to headed studs that are welded to the body in the jamb. Very similar to how the top trim on the windshield is attached. I can text you a picture tomorrow- it's raining now. I'm assuming you have a 88? I don't think that the 88s will have the studs in the jamb. I believe they went to the vinyl trim on the 88s because the 87 trim was a PIA to remove. Hard to find 87 trim that's no mangled. I've never been able to remove them easily.

Text me tomorrow to remind me about the pictures if you want to see.
704-562-4433

1987 rear window trim

Reply #3
Quote from: Fearnot;457277
The 87s used clips that attach to headed studs that are welded to the body in the jamb. Very similar to how the top trim on the windshield is attached. I can text you a picture tomorrow- it's raining now. I'm assuming you have a 88? I don't think that the 88s will have the studs in the jamb. I believe they went to the vinyl trim on the 88s because the 87 trim was a PIA to remove. Hard to find 87 trim that's no mangled. I've never been able to remove them easily.

Text me tomorrow to remind me about the pictures if you want to see.
704-562-4433

Yeah, I was curious about welding some type of studs in that would work for mounting. It's even harder to find new one-piece rubber. Mine's all overhardened, stained, and and cracked.

Wouldn't be an issue if someone would make aftermarket replacements...
1988 Thunderbird Sport