Skip to main content
Topic: Does anyone know what has happened to Turbo_88_XR7? (Read 1721 times) previous topic - next topic

Does anyone know what has happened to Turbo_88_XR7?

I've been trying to contact him for a while now with no responce. As some of you know I bought the intake + parts from him, http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?29495-GT40-upper-and-lower-intake-UPDATED&highlight=
The last time I did have contact with him he said it had been returned to him because the box had gotted damaged and that he was going to reship it. Well I've still not recieved it and like I said he's not returning my pms or my emails. It's been over a month and I've been very patient but if I don't hear anything from him by monday evening I'm going to be forced to take action through paypal. They give you 45 days to take action which will be up next sunday, it's been that long. I don't like to cause trouble for anyone but without him letting me know what's going on I feel like I've been ripped off and $73 is too much to just drop it. So if anyone knows him please let him know he needs to get in touch with me.

Reply #1
http://www.facebook.com/people/Chris-Kostiak/585700334

I believe this is his facebook. I do not have one, so I cannot view his profile. I cannot confirm that this is his, but it has the same logo on his picture as the one he has in his profile here. let us know how it goes.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
looks like that's him
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
Thanks for the link. I'm sure it is him, I left him a message there as well. So now I've tried pms here, his email, and now facebook, so it's up to him now. I hate having to do this but I think I've been more than patient.

Reply #4
His last log on here was the 14th of this month.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #5
That's him on facebook, thanks again Haystack. He did respond this time, his lap top crashed which makes sence since he's not been on here lately. He said they were shipped tuesday so they should be getting here soon. I hope they do so I don't have to go through paypal. I told him I'll wait until thursday instead of tomarrow to do a claim if they're not here. I really don't want to be a prick but it's taken way longer than it should and I only have until next sunday to do a claim and like I said that's to much money to lose.

Reply #7
Like I mentioned I do want to give him the benefit of the doubt, things happen. I just hope it gets resolved soon.

Reply #8
Just a little update. He has been keeping in touch through facebook. I filed a dispute on paypal and have been in touch with his buddy who's paypal he used to get paid. I was told it was sent out again, this tuesday will make two weeks and again they haven't arrived. I wrote and gave him a couple more days again then I want my money back. So if they're not here tomarrow, (monday), I'm going to escalate it on paypal to get my money back. This has gone on wat too long. I just recently shipped a TC headerpanel to Columbus Ohio and it got there in three days. So something's just not right somewhere.

Reply #9
IIRC he's only in NJ.  Not that far of a drive.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #10
I know on ebay your buyer protection only lasts so long (you only have so many days to force a refund). I realize you didn't use ebay, but I bet paypal has some kind of time limit too. Make sure they aren't stalling to get you past your protection deadline.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #11
Paypal does have the same protection. They give you 45 days to open a dispute, I waited until there was only 2 days left, I wanted to give him time to get it to me. Then you get another 14 days to try and work it out, which we're getting close to the 14th day. That's why if it's not here by tomarrow evening I'm going to escelate it to a claim. I've given this way more time than I should have. I just wanted to be fair.

Reply #12
So what happened?
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #13
The parts still haven't shone up. I escalated it to a claim on monday with paypal. I wrote and told both Chris and his friend about it but I've not heard from either. Now I have to wait for paypal's determination.

Reply #14
. Sorry brother.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L