Skip to main content
Topic: ebay t3 turbo (Read 985 times) previous topic - next topic

ebay t3 turbo

Is a t3 turbo from ebay anygood. I was thinking about buying one cause its only 150 bucks minus shipping for a new t3 turbo. Does anybody here use one? Let me know if they are good or not? thanks
MODS: cone filter, no cat, flowmaster dumped, boost contoller, 4:10s

ebay t3 turbo

Reply #1
No
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

ebay t3 turbo

Reply #2
Quote from: bhazard;279840
No

Correct.
If you do some searching you'll find out why they're so cheap. It might last a couple of weeks, that is if you're lucky.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ebay t3 turbo

Reply #3
I have been running one for the last couple of years.  whats the problem with them? they do not have cooling ports for liquid cooling but if you take care of them as far as letting them cool down properly they will last and they boost better than any other turbo I have used.  for the money they are well worth it.

ebay t3 turbo

Reply #4
Quote from: FloridaCougar;279852
Correct.
If you do some searching you'll find out why they're so cheap. It might last a couple of weeks, that is if you're lucky.

ever used one?  I have never had one "last a couple of weeks"

ebay t3 turbo

Reply #5
Quote from: 88turbo;279883
ever used one?  I have never had one "last a couple of weeks"

I haven't, no, but I had a friend order one. He bragged about how he was buying a turbo for less than a couple hundred bucks new. His lasted a week and half, a couple of dyno runs later it was burning oil. I'm not saying they're all like that, but I've heard/seen my fair share of eBay turbo stories. But if you've used a couple of them and had no problems they may not all be bad. Which one did you buy? I could use a cheap turbo to play with myself...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ebay t3 turbo

Reply #6
I ran one for about 30k before selling the car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

ebay t3 turbo

Reply #7
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;279994
I ran one for about 30k before selling the car

I guess someone didn't do something right on my buddy's setup....
Y'all are talking about the eBay turbos under a couple hundred bucks, right? If you've had luck with 'em I'll sure give one a chance. Now I've just got to find something to stick one on :hick:.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]