Skip to main content
Topic: kinda cool new ratchet (Read 1164 times) previous topic - next topic

kinda cool new ratchet

this ratchet was found at tractor supply.
you just rock the head to the left or right to change directions.

i bought the only one, then ordered up 4 more from surrounding stores for gifts.

holding it by the handle, you can just flick it with your wrist action,, think switch blade knife movement.

it works good so far,,, made in china.

odd thing is if you call tractor supply corp office, there is no record of the item number at all.
if you call your local store, they show a record of it in their system.

pics if you are interested.

kinda cool new ratchet

Reply #1
seems like it would change direction easily during use... You haven't had that issue?
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

kinda cool new ratchet

Reply #2
I looked for one at my local tractor supply. A kid at my work also works there part time, he had no idea what I was talking about.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

kinda cool new ratchet

Reply #3
I would think it may wear and get sloppy when going back the opposite direction its set for?  I guess if it did, it would correct when you pulled on it, the direction desired.  Interesting, how does it feel?
Mike

kinda cool new ratchet

Reply #4
to answer everyone,,,

you know how most new ratchets dont arrive with any lubrication,,,?

these had none so i took all six apart and added grease.  big mistake for this design,,, a tad tiny bit of grease would have been better.

the feel and use of the tool is very nice,, it takes some getting use to though,, you need to sometimes use your thumb to prevent it from switching over during use in my case due to the extra lubrication.  all in all, i really do like them.

i am going to remove most of the lubrication on the one i own to get the friction back it had prior where you have to really "flick" it to switch blade it over to change direction.

right now all of them switch over tooooooooo easily,

not a bad tool idea