Skip to main content
Topic: engine temp sending unit pegging guage (Read 667 times) previous topic - next topic

engine temp sending unit pegging guage

I replaced the temp sending unit yesterday, the one for the dash with the single wire, not the sensor for the ECU.

When I went to the parts store they were having trouble coming up with the part, everything was coming up as N/A. That is until he looked it up as "with EATC". Then it popped right up. Which is odd because from what I have come to understand the fact that my car has the regular dash and does not have EATC means that I should have the single wire plug, which only showed up for a car that would in their catalog.

Anyway, the problem is that from the very first moment I turn on the key, the guage starts climbing until it pegs and stays there forever. I don't know if I got the wrong unit and its sending bad signals, or if I just got a faulty one or what....

The part number on the Duralast replacement I got was TU25 and another number saying 2035. Anyone know wtf is going on?
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #1
Quote from: sarjxxx;379664
The part number on the Duralast replacement I got was TU25 and another number saying 2035. Anyone know wtf is going on?

problem solved LOL

i'd have to say it's either faulty or incorrect. or you have 1 messed up wiring issue.. but i'm going to stick with the first 2 options
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #2
Mine did this shortly after my engine swap. I ended up with a dorman part(i think). Sometimes it would randomly just peg. I made a thread about it, and I never actually solved the problem. After a while of it being "pegged" and me driving it, not caring, it went away.

I'm not advising you do that, but that's what I did. I'll get you the part number I used, asap.