Skip to main content
Topic: Fender molding....87 XR7 (Read 650 times) previous topic - next topic

Fender molding....87 XR7

Looking for a molding behind the front bumper, but in front of the front wheel. This molding may also have the cornering lamp in them.

i need a solid PASS. side,but if I can get both panels with the cornering lamps, I'll take that also.

E-mail me at bigblock6764@yahoo.com

Thanks alot!        Kevin Fry

Re: Fender molding....87 XR7

Reply #1
Quote from: revnkvn
Looking for a molding behind the front bumper, but in front of the front wheel. This molding may also have the cornering lamp in them.

i need a solid PASS. side,but if I can get both panels with the cornering lamps, I'll take that also.

E-mail me at bigblock6764@yahoo.com

Thanks alot!        Kevin Fry

If you need one because the mounting posts on yours broke where the plastic weld is, you may be able to use short strand fiberglass to "glue" the mounting posts back on to the piece and then mount it back on your car.  That's what I did.  I tried JB Weld first but it didn't hold.  Fiberglass did the trick for me.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Re: Fender molding....87 XR7

Reply #2
one of my molding pieces has a real short fat screw in it that doesnt go all the way through it threaded into the circle part left from the mounting post since it was gone I had to do something but it looks great and unless you look at the inside of the panel where the nuts actually hold the piece on you cant tell its there. didnt think about glueing it back together maybe next time it happens I will though.
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.