Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 3.8 wiring (Read 1406 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #30
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;265121
You would have to re-pin it for your base digi cluster

that isnt that hard is it.. isnt that just re connecting those two harnesses that go into the back of the digi speedometer?

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #31
Yeah, basically it would be. Tell ya what, if it's warm this weekend, I'll pull the dash harness from the white car, repin the wires  to the cluster as they were originally, take lots of pics, and get it sorted out. Bad thing is, I sold my base digi cluster awhile back, so I have no way of testing it to make sure it would be back as it was.

It's not a huge job to repin the wires, there was only 4 or 5 to do IIRC.

There's a digram on CoolCats.net that shows how to do this.
I can repin 'em, or if you feel comfortable doing it, I'll send it to you as-is, your choice. Either/or is fine with me.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #32
what does IIRC mean? Sorry, you guys always say it and I don't know what it means.

and I have the harness from the computer that goes across the firewall and plugs into the dash harness.

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #33
If I recall correctly
if I read correctly
if it really counts
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #34
Quote from: jpc647;265233
what does IIRC mean? Sorry, you guys always say it and I don't know what it means.

and I have the harness from the computer that goes across the firewall and plugs into the dash harness.

is it for an 88 3.8 v6? is it for a digital speedometer? and does it have the fuse block attached and the rubber piece that leads the wires through the firewall into the hood?

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #35
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;265215
Yeah, basically it would be. Tell ya what, if it's warm this weekend, I'll pull the dash harness from the white car, repin the wires  to the cluster as they were originally, take lots of pics, and get it sorted out. Bad thing is, I sold my base digi cluster awhile back, so I have no way of testing it to make sure it would be back as it was.

It's not a huge job to repin the wires, there was only 4 or 5 to do IIRC.

There's a digram on CoolCats.net that shows how to do this.
I can repin 'em, or if you feel comfortable doing it, I'll send it to you as-is, your choice. Either/or is fine with me.

that would be great just let me know when youre finished and a price

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #36
If it's color coded I could probably do it I just need the wires asap to get this thing up.. I have a pregnant girlfriend that needs odd things at odd times lol so no transportation of my own is geting kindof hard

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #37
any body had any luck on getting the harness together to sell??

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #38
Quote from: 17needhelp;265276
is it for an 88 3.8 v6? is it for a digital speedometer? and does it have the fuse block attached and the rubber piece that leads the wires through the firewall into the hood?

It is the section from the passenger side kick panel with computer which runs across the firewall and comes to the dash plugs. It was for a car with a digital speedometer. It does not have the fuse block attached.

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #39
i dont think thats what i need i need the dash harness that goes into speedometer, radio, a/c and ignition and the other plug ins under the dash and the wire harness i need has the fuse box attached.. all the wires are coming from the fuse box

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #40

this is the piece i need