Skip to main content
Topic: Wanted to go to the track (Read 4434 times) previous topic - next topic

Wanted to go to the track

I wanted to go to New England dragway tomorrow but as I sit here its Snowing they're predicting anywhere from slush to 3"  After the restoration I took the last year to do I'm wondering if a little salt will hurt.
  I promised myself first salt on the roads in the garage she'd go. I'm so close to 12.99 this years goal for the 225/60/16 street tires I'm running. Last Friday I did 13.7 at 106 mph with an embarrassing 60'
 The plow truck/parts hauler is down with a broken transfer case shifter. and blown brake line or id rent a trailer and pull it up and if I break it I can pull it home The track is about 90 miles away.
Mabey Ill go make a video of me burning the tires of the car next year its coming back with 17" 5 lug so they wont be needed.  Man I wanted to drive this longer than a month this year oh well  Thanks for letting me whine
:burnout:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #1
Park it......don't subject all your work to the nastiness of road salt!!  I live in PA and know all too well how hard salt is on cars.

My 351W Ranger doesn't even see rain. When the 'bird is done it will see rain but never salt.
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Reply #2
BTW.....we had snow this evening also!  Also had it falling three weeks ago...even had some lay around till mid-morning.  Today's is nothing that would acspoogeulate but it's falling none the less.  Makes my t'bird resto not seem so urgent since it won't see road time until next spring.
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Reply #3
keep the snow up your way! i don't want it! lol i wouldn't drive it unless you want to spend hours upon hours cleaning the car, top to bottom, in every little crevice
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #4
Quote from: Dan B.;371295
  Makes my t'bird resto not seem so urgent since it won't see road time until next spring.

I thought that last fall next thing I know I'm getting it on the road Oct 1 and putting it away Oct 26
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #5
Quote from: Shadow;371297
keep the snow up your way! i don't want it! lol i wouldn't drive it unless you want to spend hours upon hours cleaning the car, top to bottom, in every little crevice

I haven't the time for that now the list of things to do is to great after not doing them while building the bird

Reply #6
i have a loooonnnng list of things to do this winter.. 2 motor builds, 2 motor rebuilds and a complete resto.. i don't want the stinkin snow! lol

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #7
I have two heating and hot water systems as well as 30 windows to make my house comfortable then paint all interior . Then I can get back on the car its not bad though I call it Quality problems

Reply #8
A friend is coming over with his truck and trailer. Going to the last friday night street night at for the season.  N.E Dragway.  YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #9
13.10@108 was the best I could do going to bed took video Ill post tomorrow

Reply #10
well at least it's more than half a second off your previous time lol

Reply #11
Yea Im real happy with the time this is my third time ever at the track and my buddy with a lot more time at the track only beat it by 2/10th of a second and he was power shifting (even after I asked him not to) He's got a 10 second mustang he'll let me take a pass in so i didn't complain

Reply #12
aa quick way you can gain some extra power and drop your time some more.. ditch the performer intake.. they're not a whole lot better than stock.. a victor jr, torker II or RPM airgap will do that 351 some good, especially with that 750 on top

Reply #13
I'd love to change intakes BUT I want to keep the stock hood The drop air cleaner with a 3" air cleaner is an inch away from the hood now :(  Might have to settle foe a 150 shot of  N2O and drag radials

Reply #14
really? wtf.. mine is about the same but i have a parker funnel web, which is taller than the victor jr.. i guess your motor/trans mounts stand taller than mine.. you could always opt for a 'cold air' style intake tube with a cone filter on the end and a turbo-style carb 'hat.' that'll give you great clearance and you could even run a fresh air setup, down in the fender well, to grab some nice, cool(er) air