Skip to main content
Topic: are the doors wired for speakers? (Read 2179 times) previous topic - next topic

are the doors wired for speakers?

my 88 TC does not have the factory door speakers. anyone know if they are pre- wired for them anyway?
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

Reply #1
Not sure if they are there, but running your own wires isn't hard.. i used a hanger and taped my wire to it and pushed it through the tubing and pulled it through.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
Mine were not pre-wired, but they are now :)

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #4
Every one of these cars I've had, had the door speaker wires pre-ran. They are usually taped right above the speaker hole. Sometimes, the harness isn't connected to the stereo though. Sometimes the other end is disconnected inside the kick panel.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #5
running the wires is super easy, I taped the wire to the tip of a long screw driver and with the boots unseated I poked the screw driver through.

Reply #6
Quote from: Trinom;397204
I have the wires allready in place in both my Birds, even if they didn't have premium sound.

This! Mine have all been TCs though, some with premium sound done without, but they all had speaker wires and plug-ins in the door.
...and there was light!

Reply #7
my doors had the wiring for everything in them, even though most wasn't used..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #8
well, i guess i will have to check it out. next question: is the speaker grill removeable to get to the speaker without taking the whole door panel off?
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

Reply #9
Yes, it is. It's held on place by couple screws only. You must remove the tray which covers the bottom of the grille. I think that's all, it should be just slipped under the arm rest assembly.

Reply #10
cool, thanks for the info.  next question, what size speakers do the doors take?
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto