Skip to main content
Topic: Wheel Fitment (Read 1306 times) previous topic - next topic

Wheel Fitment

Im looking at getting a set of 2000 Cobra R wheels. 18 x 9.5 in. 6in backspace. Will I have fitment issues?

X

Thanks,

Kyle
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Wheel Fitment

Reply #1
You might not have issues with the rears but I'm betting you will on the front. I take it you already have done the 5lug swap? Don't mind the mess or the M3 bumper cover. If you'll notice, the wheel you see there is a 17x9's FMS with 275 40 17s kuhmo v700's. I have 2000 gt front suspension. The tires stick out a touch.

X

P.S. I haven't messed with the fitment of the cover yet.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Wheel Fitment

Reply #2
I'm about to do a 5lug swap. Getting these in preparation. I might try to get skinnier fronts, 245 section width.

Also, sn95 front lower control arms are longer. Pushes the ball joint out farther. That might explain your front tire poke. I'll still be running 83-86 tbird/ fox mustang control arms.
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Wheel Fitment

Reply #3
And no mention of what the backspacing or offset of the 17x9's FMS wheels which appear to be the GT 500 style but I cannot see enough of them to say for sure but that still does not provide the offset and back spacing as they make a few different versions in the aftermarket world.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Wheel Fitment

Reply #4
Quote from: kylesburrell;460492
I'm about to do a 5lug swap. Getting these in preparation. I might try to get skinnier fronts, 245 section width.

Also, sn95 front lower control arms are longer. Pushes the ball joint out farther. That might explain your front tire poke. I'll still be running 83-86 tbird/ fox mustang control arms.

I have the entire front setup, k-member, LCAs, springs, spindles, hubs, 13" brakes w/ bullet calipers (picked those because they are plain)

Quote from: Aerocoupe;460496
And no mention of what the backspacing or offset of the 17x9's FMS wheels which appear to be the GT 500 stle but I cannot see enough of them to say for sure but that still does not provide the offset and back spacing as they make a few different versions in the aftermarket world.

The wheels are original Ford Racing 10th anniversary cobra wheels. 17x9s w/5.95 backspacing +26mm offset.
If needed I'll provide photos of original ink stamp with the Ford Racing part number. These are not the replicas everybody sells.

X

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]