Skip to main content
Topic: still have hard brake pedal and no fluid to rear brakes (Read 2590 times) previous topic - next topic

still have hard brake pedal and no fluid to rear brakes

Hello.
Month ago I changed rear axle n my TC after I got it all together and went to bleed brakes I found I had no brake fluid going to rear brakes so after research and talking to members on this forum I found my pressure warning switch wasn't turning pump on so I swapped it out from my parts car now pump is working but still no fluid to rear brakes and pedal still hard to push cant figure out cause I was driving the car the day before I swapped out rear axle and everything was fine I test drove car with hardly any brakes and found that that rear axle wasn't any better so swapped axle back out with original and I use all original parts that came off car ad still have no pressure to calipers or to main brake line to rear axle I've been working on it too long and hit a road block has anybody had this problem or solution I went on NATO and read up on the TEVES II system that's were I found out pump wasn't working and how to diagnose problem that's when I found PWS was at fault but now I'm stumped

Reply #1
Have you opened hard line to soft line at pumpkin? Can you find where fluid stops?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #2
I did 1st time when I swapped rear axle and had no fluid didn't this time just took line loose from caliper

Reply #3
I see that the acspoogeulater has a bolt on top can u take bolt loose and bleed acspoogeulater

Reply #4
I had the same problem after changing front rotors, calipers, and rear brake cylinders.  I had to "gravity bleed" the brakes and it fixed the issue.  Here's one of many links on the procedure:    http://www.pmbperformance.com/gravity-bleed.html

Reply #5
I had a guy tell me I might have to vacuum bleed the brakes but I can't bleed them if I have no fluid to rear but when I swapped out rear axle for the original I put a container under car to catch fluid from soft line to axle the next morning container was almost full so I figure I don't have a line problem but I don't understand the teves2 brake system it seems straightforward except for valve body 
I wish my brakes were regular brakes   
I would have been driving a month ago lol thanks

Reply #6
Are you doing the bleeding with the teves 2 acspoogeulator ball charged or not
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #7
I've tried to pressurize but didn't work maybe I did wrong according to NATO u pump brake about 50 times to pressurize don't remember if switch on or off when pumping pedal I think I did both ways been a week since work on it

Reply #8
OK I reread NATO FAQ and found out  that I was depressurizing the aspoogealator so now I know that the way to charge is to turn switch on and wait for lights to go out and pump shut off then press pedal wait for pump to come back on and then should b charged am I wrong if so plz luv to know. I really want my baby back on road