Skip to main content
Topic: new member's Bird (Read 2886 times) previous topic - next topic

new member's Bird

Hello everyone I've just found this site and would like to share pictures of my 1988 Thunderbird LX. I hope that I will be able to answer questions and get help on this board. Well here's my Bird I hope ya all like it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1206962
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Re: new member's Bird

Reply #1
Very nice bird. Lovin the tu-tone paint :D

Reply #2
Very nice. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #3
Quote from: 5.0willgo
Very nice bird. Lovin the tu-tone paint :D

Yes :grinno: , a nice car indeed, but I've never liked the factory two tone.  I'd repaint
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #4
Hey, someone else who likes how Ford blue looks on an EFI manifold. :D

Reply #5
Hello TJ302 welcome to the board..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
I like that, tis very nice.
One 88

Reply #7
Thanks for looking at my Bird. I'll eventually repaint the car cause after 17 years the paint still looks great but it has a few dents and small scraches and I want it to be perfect. I'm going to paint it the same factory colors cause after 3 years they grew on me and I really like them. Besides it'll make a great sleaper. Hey Bird351 you painted the manifold Ford Blue too? I thought I was the only one who did that. When I got the HO manifold it was dirty and I didn't want to paint it stock silver and I thought Ford blue would look cool. Kinda goes good with the chrome valve covers.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
so, the goldish-tan atop of brown with a greenish flake grew on you? welcome to the club, mine is allmost exactly the same 87 LX with the same paint scheme , looks good

Reply #9
Mine's silver metalic clear coat over charcoal metalic clear coat. I think it looks nice because the two colors seem to go together.

Reply #10
Quote from: thunderjet302
Hey Bird351 you painted the manifold Ford Blue too? I thought I was the only one who did that. When I got the HO manifold it was dirty and I didn't want to paint it stock silver and I thought Ford blue would look cool. Kinda goes good with the chrome valve covers.

The upper and EGR spacer on my '88's SO is Ford Blue, and the upper and EGR spacer on my LSC's HO is Ford Red. Got the valve covers and vacuum lines matching on the SO, but not yet on the HO. I like how the old colors look on the newer stuff.

Reply #11
Yea when I rebuild the engine/put in a new one I'm going to paint the block and heads Ford blue. Hey got a picture of the 88?

Reply #12
ah, the way the pics looked i thought it looked like mine, my bad

nice car overall anyway ;)

and yeah, those colors go well together

Reply #13
Yeah, here it is.. still have more blue to add to it, though. Someday I'll put on some blue Motorsport plug wires, finish off the vacuum lines, maybe get those blue Goodyear hoses I vaguely recall seeing, etc.

If I ever disassemble that engine, stuff like the lower intake and the block and heads will probably be painted black to make the blue on top stand out more.

EDIT: Also thinking about hittin' the dist. cap with some (500 degree) gloss black/clearcoat when I do the blue plug wires.

Reply #14
Yea painting the dis cap looks good. I painted mine Ford Blue (I really like that color for some reason) but ya can't see it in the pics cause it's covered by the dis dust boot. After I painted the cap I found a really good condition boot in the salvage yard and picked it up. Ended up wasting paint but it looked cool for about 2 days :rolleyes: . Hey by the way did ya clear coat the intake or not? I just painted mine with duplicolor paint and no clear. I thought the clear might yellow with the heat but mabey I'm wrong?