Skip to main content
Topic: Oil Burner GUY (Read 920 times) previous topic - next topic

Oil Burner GUY

Is anyone an OIL burner tech??? I have a question?? My boiler runs at like 11% CO2 and around 475* with ZERO SMOKE. Is this OK. The guy that sets it up claims it is at top efficiency. Anyone with info on this is well appreciated. I am just curious. Thank you. Not a car thing but i gave it a shot. Thank you guys
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Oil Burner GUY

Reply #1
Heating stove for your shop What kind of oil?

What brand is it? Might go on google, or the manufacturer's site and see if they have any settings you can try, if there is a way to adjust it. The CO percentage is a little high, but one that's at an ideal setup will have little or no smoke, assuming you have good ignition.

This is just personal experience from dealing with a longwood dual-fuel wood stove since 1997. ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Oil Burner GUY

Reply #2
Well believe it or not this seems to be a well kept secret. No one can tell me. So i am lost for ideas as to what it would be. Thats why i posted iot in hopes someone had an answer. I believe you are correct that is why i want to find out. Thanks
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Oil Burner GUY

Reply #3
Did he offer an efficiency number.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Oil Burner GUY

Reply #4
I hate to admit it. But I don't know on oil. My gas anilizer that does all the work. I'm a gas guy and know what to do to get a good reading on a gas heating appliance but oil is a difrent animal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Oil Burner GUY

Reply #5
You know that is true. most the people with GAS like my Daughter has he guy there and he tells he everything. But the oil guys seem to either be closed lipped or juist dont know. I find iot interisting how no one can answer this in the oil burner industry. Or is it something i am missing. By the way is i had gas available i would switch in a heart beat. With condensate units running 98% efficient that is a NO BRAINIER. How about Propane. My oil guys say it is very dangerous. Any imput welcome from experience or whatever thanks

Oil Burner GUY

Reply #6
Propane is no less safe than oil, wood, or what-have-you. Just make sure everything is set up right, and not half-assed.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Oil Burner GUY

Reply #7
But does it not GO CABOOM when it leaks.

Oil Burner GUY

Reply #8
My shop at work is propane heated. I love it. Any heating source (gas, propane, oil, wood, electric),much like a car needs to be treated with respect. Propane is safe, clean and efficient. I heat my house with wood and oil as a backup. I'm typing right now with the house at 78 degrees all on wood.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Oil Burner GUY

Reply #9
Hard to beat wood heat...if you have the means to acquire the fuel. Lucky for me...200 acres, over a third of it timber. Springs storms=next winter's heat supply. Throw in 50-75 gallon of diesel fuel for my stove, done deal.

And Tom, my dual fuel stove made a boom last winter. The ignition went out on my stove, so while the pump was running, it wasn't lighting off the atomized fuel spray, and eventually enough built up that when a glowing ember must have finally contacted it, it actually made a loud enough bang that I though someone shot a gun right outside. Went downstairs and sure as hell, both of the doors were blown open on the stove, ash everywhere, and already filling the basp00get with smoke and diesel fuel smell.

All over a 35 dollar part.

Kinda like keeping an '80's car on the road though...after 34 years, you've got to replace a lot of parts. Thankfully, I was awake when it happened...none of the smoke alarms went off, and the way I sleep, I probably wouldn't have heard them if they did.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6