Skip to main content
Topic: Who has guns? (Read 25294 times) previous topic - next topic

Who has guns?

Reply #75
I have .22 caliber Remington Nylon 66 I received on my 11th birthday, a Russian (not Chinese copy) SKS and a Marlin 30-30 lever action.

Who has guns?

Reply #76
Quote from: tommym;463117
Only have one- 9mm Springfield XD-M, 5 1/4in, a bunch of 19 shot mags loaded with Spear Gold Dot 124+P, Talon grips, IMI paddle holster
I've spent a little time with a couple of XD's, and the grip safety is the most exquisitely uncomfortable thing I've ever had in my hand.

Who has guns?

Reply #77
just for the heck of it,, thought id throw this out there.

Option A
looking for 41 caliber rim fire ammo

option B
looking for someone to mod my gun to take an equal type center fire ammo
process to option B...........
drill center fire pin to allow a nail or smooth shank rod such as a drill bit to be the new firing pin.
either sleeve the breach or rework the barrel to accept this new ammo or supply ammo that works which is knecked to match original design

gun type is Waffenfabric M81

Who has guns?

Reply #78
41 is an odd one, your most likely going to have to rebarrel it into something more common. Sorta neat it’s a needle fire though, that is some old technology. You’ll have to figure out what the bolt face will accept without heavily modifying it.

Who has guns?

Reply #79
I wouldn't bother modifying the .41, the thing is so old it's meant to be used with blackpowder, not the smokeless stuff modern guns and ammo use. For what it would cost a good 'smith to work it over, you could find good used Glock. Then again, if want to shoot it, be ed careful with loads, though I'd say you're going to a complete rechambering + different/new barrel.

Nails don't make good firing pins...too soft.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #80
Being as I live in Maryland, this really isn't a topic I partake in.

Gun laws in Maryland suck testes.
It's Gumby's fault.

Who has guns?

Reply #82
Quote from: Tbird232ci;463433

so i gotta ask,,,

you cant just own a gun?

Who has guns?

Reply #83
Quote from: Tbird232ci;463433

Dude, I live in Canada. I know all about restrictive gun laws
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Who has guns?

Reply #84
In Maryland, they essentially banned "Assault weapons" or firearms with "evil features". They released a list of guns, by name, which are banned in Maryland. The people who imposed this ban only did it to have taken some sort of action to justify their jobs. They listed specific firearms such as the AK47. Then, after the list, they listed "evil features" that your firearm can only possess a certain amount of. I can't remember all of the features, but they were things like a folding stock, bayonet lug, threaded muzzle, pistol grips and things to that effect. I believe you were only able to have two of these features before it was banned. They also added a copycat section to eliminate firearms from companies who take a design, slightly alter it, and then rename it.

Getting a handgun qualification license here is also a pain. You have to attend an 8 hour class, get finger printed, background checked and then you can only purchase a certain amount of firearms in a certain amount of time. You also have to retake the classes after a certain amount of time. Getting a concealed carry permit is even worse. You have to prove that you need it, which Maryland makes very difficult.

While I have nothing to hide, but I really don't like the idea of having to put my name on a list like Maryland wants. I feel like because I would have regulated firearms, I would be automatically considered hostile in the eyes of the law.
It's Gumby's fault.

Who has guns?

Reply #85
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;463440

You guys do have it rough. Are you guys limited to 5 round magazines up there?
It's Gumby's fault.

Who has guns?

Reply #86
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;463440

But you can buy SVT40’s for a pittance.

Who has guns?

Reply #87
As for hard-ass and asinine gun laws, MD is second only to Commieshaginallofya..errrrr California. Hawaii is pretty bad, as is Jersey.

I had to take an 8 hour class, get printed, and pay a fee, but my sheriff's office is more like a "will issue", rather than a "shall issue" place. It's not an idle boast that three out of five people here have a CC certification LOL. That number will likely go down as we now have "constitutional carry", though.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #88
Quote from: Tbird232ci;463453
You guys do have it rough. Are you guys limited to 5 round magazines up there?

I think that only applies to semi automatic rifles. Doesn't affect me - aside from the shotgun everything I have is bolt action, and the shotgun is limited to three shells. This is more of a wildlife conservation law than gun control - shotguns have been restricted to three shells for as long as I can remember, to prevent people from taking down whole flocks of geese, ducks, etc.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Who has guns?

Reply #89
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;463495
I think that only applies to semi automatic rifles. Doesn't affect me - aside from the shotgun everything I have is bolt action, and the shotgun is limited to three shells. This is more of a wildlife conservation law than gun control - shotguns have been restricted to three shells for as long as I can remember, to prevent people from taking down whole flocks of geese, ducks, etc.

I don't know about Canada, but our 2nd amendment wasn't meant to restrict us to certain hunting weapons, or sporting/target weapons. It was absolutely put there so the people of the nation could protect themselves, with whatever they chose to own, against a corrupt government.............I think our founding fathers had a premonition of what was coming after they were gone!!!
Any government restrictions (of any kind) are only a step in the direction of the day they are able to confiscate all arms.
Ron
Speed is just a question of MONEY How fast can you go?    (M. M.)