Skip to main content
Topic: Shuddering engine...UPDATE July,1 (Read 13429 times) previous topic - next topic

Shuddering engine...UPDATE July,1

Reply #165
We did leave off there. After the first balance test, I ran out of time, then got distracted by the fuel tank. I replaced the screens in the injectors, and no change, BUT, I fouled up and didn't keep the injectors on the driver side in order, SO, another balance test is in order. I'll hopefully be able to tell if the issue is in the same place, or moved to either 5, 6, 0r the 7 position.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #166
okay keep us posted.. I hope your compression test passes and its just an injector problem ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #167
Waiting on gaskets, haven't had time to do the compression test and balance test, ordered a new harmonic balancer (mine looked like it has a slight wobble to it, although that wouldn't cause the rough acceleration). It's going to be  replaced as soon as it gets here....if I have some time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..