Skip to main content
Topic: H.O. swap about to commence (Read 11703 times) previous topic - next topic

H.O. swap about to commence

The machine shop gave me a call the other day to let me know that my engine is ready. Now I just got to find the spare time to get it swapped in.

Reply #1
Glad to hear it,but,how about a few more engine details....what was done? What is going to be done? Pics.....you know,the regular required stuff.Inquiring minds want to know.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
No Vinnie...inquiring minds NEED to know! lol

C'mon man, we're like vultures...we feed off of this stuff...details, details, details!!!

Good luck!

-Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #3
And make sure you smooth the mold lines off everything for Vinnie.. lol
Or he'll loose sleep over it..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #4
Hell with the details...pics or ban lol :hick:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #5
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;337712
Hell with the details...pics or ban lol :hick:

:ttiwwp:  :D

Reply #6
Sorry for leaving you guys dangling. It's going to be a stock H.O. 5.0 with some porting and polishing to the E7 heads. I've got some Flowtech shorty headers. I'm going to have x pipe duals run with American Thunder cat backs. I'm going to be running stock 19lb injectors. I have already replaced the fuel pump with a BBK high volume 150lph pump. I'm also going to try using some of those new E3 spark plugs (don't know if any of you guys have tried those yet). I'll try to get some pics this week but it may be next weekend before I'm able to get around to doing the swap.

Reply #7
Quote from: Slinky;337833
I'm also going to try using some of those new E3 spark plugs (don't know if any of you guys have tried those yet).

i'm using them in my 306.. i've heard a lot of good things about them.. supposedly, they perform better than most plugs with an upgraded ignition setup and MSD's

Reply #8
Quote from: daminc;337680
And make sure you smooth the mold lines off everything for Vinnie.. lol
Or he'll loose sleep over it..

So,I lose a little sleep.........what about it?LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
About to take off to my buddy's house to start removing the S.O. engine. Pics coming soon!

Reply #10
Good luck.Work smart,and we'll be waiting for the pics.

Reply #11
Quote from: vinnietbird;338565
we'll be waiting for the pics.

or else :beatyoass:

Reply #12
All right I'm back from my buddy's house and it was slow going. We spent about four hours on it. I thought that we would be a little further along. We had some trouble spots where we couldn't reach certain bolt or they would be seized up. But I guess these are things to be expected.

Reply #13
Here some more pics.

Reply #14
cool.... BTW...Are those sandals steel toed? lol
Yea. it's amazing how a couple stubborn bolts will halt progress. I pretty much cut my motors out of the cars because of rusted bolts..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook