Skip to main content
Topic: Under drive pullies on V8 Sport (Read 655 times) previous topic - next topic

Under drive pullies on V8 Sport

Installed some underdrive pullies on my T-Bird sport. I MPG improvement and better acceleration.  I always thought it was bunch of hooey but there is some HP to be found in the pullies. I did have to keep the stock alt pulley so it would not discharge at idle but still. Anyone notice the same?
Raleigh, NC.

Reply #1
Yep. I put an underdrive crank pulley on, and noticed a difference. In rain at night, the lights would dim at idle, but it was worth it.

Reply #2
O.K.,O.K.,I'll get some..............maybe.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
I noticed slightly better MPG when I did the underdrive crank pulley on my old 'Bird...that was about it though.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads