Skip to main content
Topic: Running!!! - With Qwuirks... (Read 14805 times) previous topic - next topic

Running!!! - With Qwuirks...

Reply #135
*shrugs*

Figured it might affect "something" i guess, I dipped the stick in there 3 times and it came out nearly dry each time.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #136
It has to be running in park at idle for you to check the trans fluid. Atleast thats what I was told

Reply #137
yea, thats what i did.

I also just tested the battery voltage and it's at it normal 12.5'ish yet it's still doing the small but noticeable drain thing...
So back to short hunting *sigh*
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~

Reply #138
Did you leave something on in the car. Something as simple as the int lights or the headlights?

Reply #139
Not that i know of, My trunk light and glove compartment light are acting VERY touchy though, Need to keep an eye on them.

While they are on, Any slight 'lil movment to them will make them shut off or flicker~bad contacts or just need the bulbs replaced i assume.

I'm not sure where the light shut off switch for the trunk light is though, Maybe it's being lame and keeping the trunk light on while it's closed... more stuff to look into >.<
Thanks for the heads up :hick:

Reply #140
Take out the bulbs... thats the easy fix

Reply #141
Get yourself a test light. Take the negative battery cable off the battery. Hook the light between the cable and the battery terminal.
If it lights, you have drain.  Disconnect and isolate stuff until the light goes out.

Reply #142
Quote from: softtouch;166804
Get yourself a test light. Take the negative battery cable off the battery. Hook the light between the cable and the battery terminal.
If it lights, you have drain.  Disconnect and isolate stuff until the light goes out.

Will do.

Rain started up again, And i've go some other stuff i need to tend to first though. :punchballs:

But i picked up some new tools yesterday for troubleshooting. :hick:
Got a compression testing kit, Fuel injection pressure tester kit and a ford code reader kit.

I'll get back to the car here soon, Rain or not. >.<

Reply #143
Quote from: softtouch;166804

meaning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
if it lights up then pull every  fuse:D
recheck to see if it still lights up
if not- start inserting fuses in one by one until it does
when it does light up, PLEASE report back with which fuse that is.

if it does, then the problem is isolated to any one of the fuseable like circuits which can be isolated by removing them one at at time on the starter solenoid or,,,,,,, the single wire conn for the eec coming off the bat neg.

Reply #144
I went out and ran some codes:

Key on ignition off:
21 "O" - Cooling Temperature sensor out of specified range or ECT out of range

Running i got this:
41 "R" - HEGO (HO2S) sensor signal out of range / always lean

And then she started smoking like crazy again... And from both sides of the engine now!!!

After reading through haynes, The area where the smoke is coming from just happens to be the same area as the oxygen sensors!!
So looks like i need to go pick up an ECT sensor, And a couple Oxy Sensors.

I really hope this fixes the smoking/overheating...

**Oh, And im running a very steady 42 PSI fuel pressure at the schrader valve.

Reply #145
Quote from: Romeo2k;169978
I went out and ran some codes:

Key on ignition off:
21 "O" - Cooling Temperature sensor out of specified range or ECT out of range

Check for broken wires at the ECT sensor.

Running i got this:
41 "R" - HEGO (HO2S) sensor signal out of range / always lean

Right O2 sensor lean. You do not have HeatedEGO's. You have "One wire" EGO's.

And then she started smoking like crazy again... And from both sides of the engine now!!!

After reading through haynes, The area where the smoke is coming from just happens to be the same area as the oxygen sensors!!
So looks like i need to go pick up an ECT sensor, And a couple Oxy Sensors.

I really hope this fixes the smoking/overheating...

Is it the exhaust gas that is smoking or stuff burning off the outside of the exhaust manifold?