Skip to main content
Topic: 1993 SHO "New" fair weather daily driver (Read 3141 times) previous topic - next topic

1993 SHO "New" fair weather daily driver

Made a trip to Lansing MI (car is originally from TN) Saturday to pick up this 93 Sho to replace my rusted out 196,500 mile 94 Sho. It has a few dings and rock chips, otherwise very nice for its mileage and age. I drove my 94 year round, going to try to keep this one out of the salt.

102,000 miles, 3.0L, 5 speed

Reply #1
Nice clean ride Joe

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #2
Good find..
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #3
Very nice love the red on black

I was about to buy one for my wife but the deal fell through

It had 160,000 on it but was original owner and only $1,200

Really wish I had got it

Reply #4
I'd drive one. Would rather have have the first generation though, I just prefer the looks.

Another guy here, screen name of DVP....he's into (or was) the SHO cars.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #5
Thanks guys. The guy I purchased it from bought it this past summer from the family of the original owner. There were receipts in the glove box from 2004 for a new clutch, starter, timing belt, water pump and brake pads @ 98,000 miles, so only 4000 miles in the past 10 years. It also has four new Michelin tires and Interstate battery in 2013.

Reply #6
x2 on the red on black, very sharp!! I had a red on black 90, (had every option but the sunroof, jbl sound/cd player, and had the 50/50 seats) it was a darker red though.

Good thing it's a manual, you couldn't give me an auto one!!
Current: 1986 Thunderbird, 105k 3.8/C5, 2 tone  Midnight Wine/Medium Taupe, wing windows, wire wheel covers.

Former: 1985 Cougar GS 115k Oxford White/Regatta Blue, 5.0, full console, 14" 8 hole aluminum T-Bird rims, Edelbrock valve covers.

Reply #7
I like the red also, it will fit in nicely with the rest of my fleet. Would prefer a lighter color interior but agree that it is sharp, just will be hard to keep looking clean. I will be getting some good seat covers and floor mats.

My 94 is an auto, was rebuild at 90,000 miles with no problems since. Would have taken either motor- trans combo, the no rust is what I was looking for.

Reply #8
No rust is a plus

Kinda the only thing I like about living in ca lol

Reply #9
thinking about doing a 3.2 swap?
Current: 1986 Thunderbird, 105k 3.8/C5, 2 tone  Midnight Wine/Medium Taupe, wing windows, wire wheel covers.

Former: 1985 Cougar GS 115k Oxford White/Regatta Blue, 5.0, full console, 14" 8 hole aluminum T-Bird rims, Edelbrock valve covers.

Reply #10
My 3.2 was rebuild about 10,000 miles ago, had the oil light flicker and needed seals everywhere, I've never seen anything ooze oil from so many different spots. Was thinking about finding a 92-95 wagon to put the drive train, frt clip and cladding on to. It would make a good shop car/parts hauler and year round driver. I have not ruled out the 3.2 swap, I am on some sho forums right now seeing what they have to say about it. One way or another I want to get my money back out of the 3.2.

Reply #11
it's sad, but the 3.0 V6 would blow the doors off of the 3.4 V8. I've been seeing Gen 3 SHO's all over lately, weird, since they were the least made.

Reply #12
Very nice. I always thought a Shogun would be a very cool sleeper. Then again i love some wagons

Reply #13
The SHO wagon.
Build, you must.
Pictures, you will post.

Then, only then, a Jedi, you will become. :rollin:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #14
ThunderbirdSport302

The SHO wagon.
 Build, you must.
 Pictures, you will post.

Then, only then, a Jedi, you will become. 

Well when you put it like that it seems I have no choice. LOL