Skip to main content
Topic: 2.3 to 7.5 >:) (Read 12582 times) previous topic - next topic

2.3 to 7.5 >:)

Reply #30
i may run it in xenia at kilkare, southwebster is only an 8th mile track... but who knows... if my friends invite me to a track with them im going no matter what one lol

Reply #31
I'm surprised those bolts came out without snapping.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #32
they werent easy to get out... the holes were raning out rust when i was turning them i had hand fulls ... and the whole time im thinking "#@!%@&%$&# im gonna have to rebuild these frame rails... (sad face)" i should have more pics up soon tho sorry its taking so long.

Reply #33
Check out my thread in the user rides section. My strut towers looked like yours. I ended up having to rebuild the entire lower section of the subframer and strut tower.

If I coulda found a 4 speed for my big block there wouldnt be a 302 in my car. Good luck on the swap

Reply #34
You can build it better and stronger than stock. The time is now. We have the technology!

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #35
:evilgrin::burnout:

Reply #36
well my swap pan and HV oil pump came in today :) found it on ebay for $85 + shipping so i couldnt pass up that deal now im waiting on my headers they should be here the first of the month.
after they get here i can start with the motor mount fab work :) yay!

Reply #37
Shannum:
Have you removed the TC master cylinder/ABS system from the firewall yet ?
If not, then there's no way the 460 valve cover will clear the factory MC.
I know... I spent 2 weeks trying to figure out how to on my '87 maroon 460 TC. I even tried 1.5 spacers between the k-frame and the cover still hit.

I know it's a little late, but here are some pics of my custom solid engine mounts to fit the factory TC k-member when I had the old rusty fitting engine in it:

460 clears the stock hood:

Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Reply #38
yeah i got that out of there and i have one from a non ABS mustang that should fit.

Reply #39
Quote from: 83-88t-bird guy;391052
460 clears the stock hood:

nice!

Reply #40
yea i heard xenia's track is better but sw is closer to me.lol what did u do with the mc and the rest of the abs stuff ??

Reply #41
well the ABS computer is still in the car and the wheel magnets are in the back seat at the moment... as for the MC i think its bad but im not totaly sure ...the thing had hard pedal when i hit the brakes. and xenia is totaly worth the drive :)

Reply #42
I got the front end down to the bare bones.... bout time... hopefuly going to start the cutting this weekend.

Reply #43
yep looks really familiar to me. After you get the  cut out shove a nice peice of 3x2 box tube in the framerails and weld the tar out of it.

Reply #44
my swap headers from Hooker came in today now all i gotta do is get the steel for the repair together and tranny cross member then i can start putting her back together. :) (getting excited) i miss my baby.