Skip to main content
Topic: 88 thunderbird turbo coupe (Read 11375 times) previous topic - next topic

88 thunderbird turbo coupe

Reply #15
Hey Tom

I have in my spare time....well atleast my internet spare time doing a lot of research on the LSx swaps in fox mustangs...its getting better.  More swaps have been completed, more 3rd party companies are making motor mounts, tranny, the length of the driveshaft... like I said after I get my ducks in a row.  I will create a big post.  Hey I just want to see the 83-88 tbird/cougar on the road, 50% came with a py 3.8 v6.  So im good with the LSx swaps. 

Travis

Reply #16
One of the reasons why GM does not build an in head cam engine is to keep the low hood design on the VETTE. The Vette has the lowest hood of any other car. There is also a benefit to this as the LS engines is easily transplanted. And with an engine  that can produce the power of an LS with very little investment in money it is without question the best choice for transplants.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #17
Yeah....LSX engines are great...even the piest head is better than most SBF aftermarket heads...
Its just a newer design.  I often that ford made a mistake back in the 1990's with the mod motors.
Ford could have designed something newer and OHV...

Oh well.

Travis

Reply #18
Travis the new 5.0 is no slouch!!! They make tuns of PONIES. No question about that!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #19
+1 on that. The coyote is one sweet engine and makes gobs of power with a turbo. I would love to swap one into a 2005 Bird with a 6 speed.
1985 Turbo Coupe
1988 Thunderbird Sport
1996 F150