Skip to main content
Topic: I have to many T bird (Read 1181 times) previous topic - next topic

I have to many T bird

Hi everyone,  I know i have been away for way to long. But what can i say i have been way to busy off line. 
But i just picked up a 84 5L T bird to add to the list as daily driver.

SO here is my $500 beater.

Body is great

Inside is very clean

And my baby my 85 BB460 T bird.
She is showing her age and needs a little  TLC

My drive way is starting to look like a Thunder meet.

I have to many T bird

Reply #1
One day... haha that's your $500 dollar beater, guess I better move to Canada then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have to many T bird

Reply #2
That looks pretty clean to me...heck for $1000 here in rusty Michigan...

How many miles?

Travis

I have to many T bird

Reply #3
I dont get it... Whats the problem?

Only Issues I see is that it is time to start spreading gravel over the lawn, and there is one of those pesky stangs trying to sneak in to the mix.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

I have to many T bird

Reply #4
Thats my wifes 85 T top GT with 331 in it.  And we have another 86 in the shop with 460 going in it as her toy.
The T bird has 169,000 KMs on it.  Yes i got it of a Old guy..

I have to many T bird

Reply #5
nice score !!

I have to many T bird

Reply #6
Looks nice! That would be a $500 car here as well. Figured it would be worth way more up there (like $1500-$2000), considering  near everything up there older than 10-15yrs old is royally rusted out.

Give that Black Bird some love already! Looks like it's about ready to fall apart from the rust.

I have to many T bird

Reply #7
SirChirpAlot
Yes i got it of a Old guy..

I think you mean, "stole" it off a Old guy.. Nice find.

I have to many T bird

Reply #8
The Big Block car needs body work but its not that bad.  I have alot of stuff done that u cant see by just looking at the car. 
The car is tubbed with ladder bar 9inch out back and custom tube K member with QA1's up front. 
But the car was driven 3 winters as it is and only sat outside this winter.

This will be 1st summer that i will not have this car out in 7 years and plan to strip this car down to nothing and put it back together again with a few more changes.
My main goal is body and cage done once and for all. Then rebuild drive line. I pulled axles out to find splines are knife edging to point i feel its not safe to run car on the track.
Plus with doing cage and body this would be a great time to freshen up motor and tranny wile its out.

I have to many T bird

Reply #9
that bb looks at home lol