Skip to main content
Topic: building a 4" cowl hood for my Supercharged 5.0L Tbird (Read 3258 times) previous topic - next topic

building a 4" cowl hood for my Supercharged 5.0L Tbird

hey guys aint been on here in forever, and looking through some of these threads and seeing that idiot big b's posts i can see Im not missing much, but I figured I would show off a new hood I started building lately
started with a damaged goodmark steel cowl hood for an '85 Camaro and a stock Tbird hood.

test fitting the cut out section:

that was as far as I got for a few weeks as I was working on other projects with the bird.  but today I decided to get off my ass and get some work done.
got further then I planned to in a few hours worth of work.

i am almost done welding, just need to cut out a support underneath and weld the cowl support to the remains of the cut section, then weld along the back and buff off, then bodywork time.

Reply #1
thats gunna look fantastic.
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #2
+1 I'm a big fan of cowl hoods I got a 4" on my fox

Reply #3
Looks good

Reply #4
I really don't care for cowl hoods, but I have to admit, that looks really good. Nice work. Are you installing any gauges in the back of the cowl or leaving it as is? Again, looks great. Nice work.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
was planning to keep it that way and make an air box for a panel K&N and route it to the vortech, so it is functional.  but now that you mentioned it, that may be a perfect spot for a Fuel pressure and oil pressure gauge....

Reply #6
Seeing as there is no cowl area lol

Reply #7
Quote from: STANG8U;405290
Seeing as there is no cowl area lol

You might be right... maybe he doesn't have a windshield...or a hood....wait, he has one of those.  I know, he doesn't have an intersection between the hood and windshield... oh he does, well then I guess he DOES have a cowl area.

Reply #8
Quote from: Crazy88;405292
You might be right... maybe he doesn't have a windshield...or a hood....wait, he has one of those.  I know, he doesn't have an intersection between the hood and windshield... oh he does, well then I guess he DOES have a cowl area.

lets see you put a gauge on there genious

since you are being an idiot, he was refering to the section on a fox stang infront of the window that most people put gauges on, which our cars dont have.

Why would you make a comment like this?  newbie idiot know-it-alls that try starting internet arguements like you are the reason i havent been on this board in years.

Reply #9
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;405294
lets see you put a gauge on there genious

since you are being an idiot, he was refering to the section on a fox stang infront of the window that most people put gauges on, which our cars dont have.

Why would you make a comment like this?  newbie idiot know-it-alls that try starting internet arguements like you are the reason i havent been on this board in years.

Apparently to tick of idiot wannabe know-it-alls, such as yourself.  By the way Mr. Genius, who apparently doesn't know how to SPELL, DID I say ANYTHING that was not true?  Nope, didn't think so. There is a cowl area, but you can't mount a gauge to it, at least not without modifying the hood.  As for being a newbie idiot, I have probably forgotten more than you have ever known or will ever hope to know.  Hell, I probably have socks older than you are.

My point Mr. Genius, was that virtually every car has a cowl area and to say that there isn't one, is not only not true, it simply confuses the issue.

Reply #10
Quote from: Crazy88;405306
My point Mr. Genius, was that virtually every car has a cowl area and to say that there isn't one, is not only not true, it simply confuses the issue.

no shiznit, you might not have said anything that wasnt true with your first comment, but you are being an ignorant douche and proving nothing, and with your childish comments again.... I highly doubt the comment about socks....  thanks again for proving your an idiot, please reply to further illistrate that issue :)  dont you first have to know something to forget it?  so again i doubt the "forgotten more then I will ever know" comment.  go troll someplace else loser  by the way, thanks!  you are only the second one ever i have used the "ignore" button on.

Reply #11
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;405310
no shiznit, you might not have said anything that wasnt true with your first comment, but you are being an ignorant douche and proving nothing, and with your childish comments again.... I highly doubt the comment about socks....  thanks again for proving your an idiot, please reply to further illistrate that issue :)  dont you first have to know something to forget it?  so again i doubt the "forgotten more then I will ever know" comment.  go troll someplace else loser  by the way, thanks!  you are only the second one ever i have used the "ignore" button on.

You are calling me a douche?  Really?  You pick a fight with someone you know absolutely nothing about, finally admitting that nothing I said was wrong, but I am the "ignorant douche"...yeah, ok what ever makes you feel better about yourself.  Tell you what fella, go crawl back into your hole and come back when you wanna have a battle of wits and have more than an empty chamber. Regarding the Ignore button...Oh, I am soo wounded.

And for what it is worth, I thought you did a very nice job blending the two pieces together.

Reply #12
well it is good enough for now.  I still have to block it out and repaint it in the summer, but for now I will call it done.

Reply #13
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;405253
hey guys aint been on here in forever, and looking through some of these threads and seeing that idiot big b's posts i can see Im not missing much

You seem a bit butt-hurt towards me for some reason, that's funny because I have never even seen your UN on here before this, or talked to you, LOL!

Must have been from my comment on the Boy-Ricer A-Pillar gauge pod thread. Don't kill the messenger there, was just passing along a common opinion from amongst real car guys, and putting a Moron troll in his place. You seem like a real genius with the tactful way you judge people you don't even know, from only a few paragraphs posted on an internet forum. I'm laughing at you right now. :)

Reply #14
another newb with very few posts, and none of them usefull calling someone else a troll?  priceless.  look at my join date and post count, I havent been around much because this board let too many bitches like you join that think they know everything and have something to try and prove and ruin the atmosphere here.  you are another dipshiznit that made it to the ignore list.