Skip to main content
Topic: The Cougar that started it all... (Read 973 times) previous topic - next topic

The Cougar that started it all...

For me anyways, came home today!  Last year I sold my blue '85 5.0L Cougar, to a young guy I used to hang out with in town.  Well he gave me $750 for it, (way more then I thought it was worth at the time :rotf: ) So the guy takes all my decals off, and does a rattle can scallop flame job on it, :ypunch:  then within a month he not only ditched it and wrecked the front end of it. :smash:  But he also did some damage to the motor somehow?!?! :chairshot .  So I just closed the deal to buy it back last week for $250.  The best part is, he just put an 8.8" mustang diff in it with posi and 3.73's, and complete Stainless duals from front to back!  The plan is to FULLY restore it for next CJ, I have already started pulling the parts off the Stang to go into it. (5.0L, T5, 5 bolt conversion, bullit rims, and rear end with 4.10's) :headbang:

I have ALOT of body work to do as the pics will show.

Re: The Cougar that started it all...

Reply #1
Wow the kid you sold it to really did a number on that front end eh? . I just hope you won't have to put in too much dough in your attempt to try to fully restore it. Do some calculations man, if it comes out to being more then you can buy another Fox Cougar for.. then I would just get another cougar. Remember, my GS is just sitting there ;).

But nevertheless. If you need any help with the restoration process, just holla and i'll be glad to help out.

Reply #2
Yeah I could have got my '86 back from my mom for free, but....  It isn't MY FIRST CAR.  That is why I saved it from the s yard.  This is the first car I've ever owned.  And I dont care if it costs $50K, it WILL be properly and FULLY restored when done.  If Weasles can be repaired after it washiznit, mine can.  Right?

Thanks for the offer Alex, but it aint the same.  Know what I mean?  As the title said; "The car that started it all for me."

Reply #3
Yeah man true enough. There's plenty of sites online where you can order a new fender. Or even go to that s yard on Victoria Rd (hwy 24).. but if you go there make sure you Don't grap the fender from a silver T-Bird that doesn't have a header panel.. because that's where I got my T-bird header panel from and let's just say.. I wasn't gentle on the fenders.