Skip to main content
Topic: NY Auto Show 2009 Pics -- 56K Supurdeth (Read 4030 times) previous topic - next topic

NY Auto Show 2009 Pics -- 56K Supurdeth

Didn't take too many as my time was limited....

I will say this.  As far as the overall show experience was concerned, I was disappointed.  You can tell the economy is in the shiznitter.  Many of the displays were subdued and reserved compared to previous years.  Quite an emphasis on MPG this year, more so than in the past. 

The new Mustang unveiling was probably the most extravagant thing at the show and even that was low key compared to previous unveilings....There was a 2010 Mustang display outside the main entrance that attracted a lot of attention and unfortunately getting decent pics was a futile venture.  Here's what I DID manage to get...

I've decided if I DO buy this body style it will be a GT500.... I like the front end MUCH more than the stock GT...

Know thine enemy:  Some pictures of the new Genesis Coupe.  While I was looking at it I heard the dumbest conversation between a guy who was about my age (32 years old) and his father.

Father:  Guess they couldn't fit that V8 in there, huh....
Son:  They didn't need to; it's turbocharged
Father:  No it's not.
Son:  Yes it is.  How do you think they got 300 Hp from aV6?
Me:  *Shakes head at both of them....Walks away...*

FWIW, that car got a LOT of attention....

New Corvette ZR1....Dig the price tag...

Taurus SHO

And some other assorted stuff.

My daughter likes cars on turntables, lol!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1
I think I'll agree with you on the GT500 vs. GT front treatment.

And , do I want a '10 SHO!!

The New ZR-1...well...at that price, why not buy 3, right? :evilgrin:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
I do have to say the more I see the 2010 Stang the more I want one. I also have to say I want a 2010 SHO like there is no other car on the planet! Makes me wish I could afford to go to the Chicago Auto Show this year.

Reply #3
AWD Twin-Turbo Direct Injected V6 SHO Taurus.....it's time to trade in the 06 GTO with 12K miles for a family car.....I feel my primal instinct to multiply sliding into high gear.....like a 6 speed gearbox.

Demon, what was the list price for a SHO? Did they have a window sticker in them with a price?

Reply #4
Low to mid 40's if my memory serves me right. This is from Motor Trend so this is more than likely an estimate.

Reply #5
Ford has something with the ecoboost motor. It will be the breakthrough motor of the next decade and rocket Ford back into profitable years.
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #6
I want to see them put the 19" tires on the 20" rims on that SHO.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #7
Quote from: Haystack;267135
I want to see them put the 19" tires on the 20" rims on that SHO.

Saw that too. Sticker is around 39k I believe. SHOForum says 37,995, but after fees it should be a little more.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #8
bleh.. i heard a guy that was at the very first booth the lil hyundai RWD car (yellow hyundai ^^) and he said that car was targeted at people in their 20's, like performance, RWD, etc etc.  to paraphrase him, he was basically saying that this car is riding the RWD drifting bandwagon.  the demand for rwd drivers have become mainstream, and its making more sense to a lot more people that FWD was designed for economy, is a huge performance handicap, and in the long run unpractical for any real performance philosphy.

the reason they didnt put a v8 in that little hyundai?  the same reason they didnt put a v8 in the solstice.  i think its funny thought that if its fast.. its got a boost of some kind.  i wish people knew what N/A is like before they wanna add nitrous or turbo/charger.  im with the OP -facepalm- walks away from the son and father..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #9
Another vote for the '10 SHO.  Had a '93 and loved it!  Now I'm gonna search for more info on it.  Thanks for the pics!

Reply #10
I've been working on my father in law for about two months now to replace the Crown Vic with an SHO when the time comes.