Skip to main content
Topic: D&D K member (Read 2018 times) previous topic - next topic

D&D K member

Has anyone installed this K member. It is designed to use the stock A arms and contains spring perches so coil overs arent needed. Im looking for a K member that will fit and also allow me to retain the stock A arms and such.

At this time I dont want to convert to tubular A arms or coil overs, any thoughts?? Thx

Ronnie
1988 Tbird Stock bottom end 306, Windsor Jr's, Explorer intake, 125 shot.
Best ET: 12.11 Best MPH: 113.8 1/4 mile

Re: D&D K member

Reply #1
I have it on my cougar. A 3/4 inch spacer was needed and my a arms were hiting so they needed a little grinding. My sway bar wont fit but Im not sure if thats because of the spacer or my Canton oil pan.

1987 cougar XR7 347 stroker FRP BOSS block 328rwhp 10.89 1/4mile @126mph ..so far..

2005 F150 5.4 vortec supercharged @15psi water methenol injected 450rwhp 14.0@98mph on 22's

Reply #2
Quote from: TrickFlow347
I have it on my cougar. A 3/4 inch spacer was needed and my a arms were hiting so they needed a little grinding. My sway bar wont fit but Im not sure if thats because of the spacer or my Canton oil pan.

Are you using the regular springs, or coilovers? I would like to keep my springs. :grinno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #3

I dont plan on running sway bars anyway, so thats fine. Which canton pan are you running? Also what spring/strut combination are you running? Thx

Ronnie

Reply #4
I have all stock suspention right now untill after the holidays :grinno:

here is my oil pan http://mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=CR15640+01  It wouldnt fit because of the crank ser but the help line told me to cut it off, it wouldnt affect performance.

1987 cougar XR7 347 stroker FRP BOSS block 328rwhp 10.89 1/4mile @126mph ..so far..

2005 F150 5.4 vortec supercharged @15psi water methenol injected 450rwhp 14.0@98mph on 22's

Reply #5
This is the Moroso oil pan I plan on using. It us designed to use 4 bolt mains front/rear as with the dart blocks.

Reply #6
nice, I read that you have plans on building a 347 yourself, How far along in the process are you or is it still in the design phase?  One thing I regret is not being prepaired for what needed to be done. I started my project out as being a stock rebuild bored over with ported heads ,then the machine shop had a 6 month wait and it developed as we went along...I ended up buying alot of parts that I couldnt use or return because I had them too long. Most of the parts were past their warrenties by the time they made it on the car. I probly would have went with a dart block too.... Oh well, Im young, Ill have plenty of time to prepair for my next engine.  good luck!

Reply #7
nice, I read that you have plans on building a 347 yourself, How far along in the process are you or is it still in the design phase?  One thing I regret is not being prepaired for what needed to be done. I started my project out as being a stock rebuild bored over with ported heads ,then the machine shop had a 6 month wait and it developed as we went along...I ended up buying alot of parts that I couldnt use or return because I had them too long. Most of the parts were past their warrenties by the time they made it on the car. I probly would have went with a dart block too.... Oh well, Im young, Ill have plenty of time to prepair for my next engine.  good luck!

Right now Im in the planning phase and picking exactly what parts Im going to use so I can get a very close estimate of the money I will be spending and the order I will be performing the mods. A couple things have changed, as things normally do. So some things arent set in stone such as the rear end setup.

I went through the whole rebuild phase about 4 yrs ago when I was doing my 3.8-5.0 engine swap. At that time I was focused on a stock 5.0 HO engine. After time went on, I focused more and more on performance to eventually where Im at now. However I still have a stock bottom end and stock suspension.

I want to know exactly what my goal is and what parts I will be using before I start that way I can save some time, headaches, and money. Trust me, Im doing my research. I will post details soon.

Ronnie