Skip to main content
Topic: VW Bug for sale - cheap! Georgia (Read 620 times) previous topic - next topic

VW Bug for sale - cheap! Georgia

1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle for sale.  No engine.  Good Transmission.  Complete car.  Bad rust in both rear quarter panels.  I bought it 3 years ago (give or take) because it had good front body work (straight struts, soild spare tire well & bumper and fender mounts) and I had another 73 super with poor front end bodywork.  I have since gotten rid of the other 73 and I'm basically uninterested in this one as a project now.  I bought it with no engine, then installed a sweet 1600 but never succesfully got it running before giving up and having to go back to school.  I have since removed the engine.  The wiring for the charging system was converted for using an alternator.  It was orginally equipped with A/C but i've never had the compressor.  Everything else for the A/C should be there.  The car is in rough shape but probably not too rough for someone willing to put some welding and finishing work in to the rear quarters.  Battery tray is rusted out, other than that the floor pans are solid. 

$100.  I can't deliver.  Located in Forsyth County, GA, 30506. 

I dont expect much interest on this board, but you never know, there could be a closet volkswagen nut lurking around somewhere.  If i get nothing, it will probably go on ebay within the next month. 

I'll be glad to answer any questions.  Im a die hard aircooled VW nut, so I can get REAL specific. 

I have a ton extra SB parts for this car.  Even a spare set of seats with very presentable upholstery.  Also have a few other hi-po trinkets available, inlcluding what was once a pretty hot little 1600 SP with a nasty cam.  It has since locked up due to years of sitting, but the previous owner claimed he had $5k in it (i would believe $2500).   

If anyone likes Aircooled VW's, this might be a good buy for you.  If you want get started with them, this probably isnt the right car for you (unless you just want to tear it up, like i did with VW's when i was just starting out).   

I thought I had more pictures, but this is it for now.  The 69 bug in front is long gone.  I can get as many more pictures as you need.