Skip to main content
Topic: A great night @ the track for our Fox T-Birds...all three 4-eyes together (Read 3259 times) previous topic - next topic

A great night @ the track for our Fox T-Birds...all three 4-eyes together

:birdsmily:

Sat. May 22, 2010 was a great nite for my wife and I.

For the very first time ever, all 3 of our 4-eye T-Birds were in one spot together...at the dragstrip. :D 
Up till this point, I have never been able to get a photo of all 3 together.

My wife won the Powder puff race.
But the biggest thrill of the night was when both of us were in the final round of the big race of the nite.

After 10 seasons of team racing, it was a wonderful feeling to see us race each other in the finals. :D

Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Reply #1
Cool !!! sounds like a lot of fun :D
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2
Alan , Congrats to the Both of you folks, but now you must consider bringing all 3 of those bad a$$ :birdsmily:'s to our Thundercat gathering friend. :burnout:

D & P ;)

Reply #3
Congrats.....Now,between the two of you,who won?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
I think theres a reason he didnt say!!!
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #5
Quote from: bhazard;322965
I think theres a reason he didnt say!!!

Probably true.He'll probably say he won,knowing all along he's living a lie.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Quote from: vinnietbird;322966
Probably true.He'll probably say he won,knowing all along he's living a lie.LOL.

LOL.......

Well......since my wife and I never discussed a strategy before the race, my plan was to let her win, but not make it look too obvious on my part.

If I had  a blatant foul start, that would look like I gave it to her, so I figured I would try to cut a good reaction time and slow down about 100 feet  before the finish line.
I did exactly that and she came zipping past me 4 car lengths from the finish line and broke out.
She was so excited about being in the finals she didn't let off the gas when she had me covered.

In all, it was a night I will never forget and definitely the most thrilling final round I have ever been in. :D
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
95 Mustang GT auto

Reply #7
That's awesome man!  I wish my wife were into stuff like that.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #8
Quote from: 50tbrd88;323128
That's awesome man!  I wish my wife were into stuff like that.

Ditto. My fiance doesn't understand why I want to keep my Tbird. I've gone back and forth on that, but it's a family heirloom, so she's gonna have to deal with it being around.

Looks like an awesome time! Nice birds!
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #9
I wish it was on video :) I would have loved to have watched it and seen the runs and heard the cars. Seeing two 4 eye Tbirds rip down the strip and getting a crowd excited would make my day. Hey.. that's not Owingsville in that pic is it? If it isn't it could sure pass for it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Reply #10
Quote from: 83-88T-Bird Guy;323123
LOL.......

I figured I would try to cut a good reaction time and slow down about 100 feet  before the finish line.
I did exactly that and she came zipping past me 4 car lengths from the finish line and broke out.

You're a good guy...

I did that once in eliminations when I was playing with the funny juice, told my opponent, just don't red bulb I'm turning this thing loose(I expected to break out)... Yep he red eyed and I went on to the next round...

Reply #11
Quote from: fluke;323137
I wish it was on video :) I would have loved to have watched it and seen the runs and heard the cars. Seeing two 4 eye Tbirds rip down the strip and getting a crowd excited would make my day. Hey.. that's not Owingsville in that pic is it? If it isn't it could sure pass for it!

No, not Owingsville.
We race at US 60 Dragway in Hardinsburg, KY.
I wished we had video of it as well. The local TV station wants to do a bit on it.
Now that my wife is getting better @ bracket racing, maybe we will have more finals together.

The hardest part is figuring out our strategy of how to prevent pairing up with each other until the finals. :D
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
95 Mustang GT auto

Reply #12
Thats too cool. My wife wont even DRIVE my car! Much less run it down the strip!
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #13
I let my wife drive the Bird, ONCE... LOL... She had a good time, but some people don't belong behind the wheel of a higher HP vehicle(yes she's a natural blond)...

A couple years ago, she did run the '93 Grand Marquis at the power puff drags but the transmission blew, so didn't have much luck...