Skip to main content
Topic: New here say Hi !! (Read 2796 times) previous topic - next topic

New here say Hi !!

Reply #15
I think I saw the 88 xr7 you're referring to.  $3k is on the high side.  If it's immaculate, original with no accidents and one previous owner, that's probably not too far off.  You could probably still get one like that for $2-2.5k if you're patient.  In the end $500 isn't that much to squabble over if you really want it.

Is it this one listed for $3675?  He's nuts, he won't get that for it.  And it looks like he listed it once before that for $3275.  Just tell him you have cash in hand when he's done goofing around.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ctd/1607986411.html

New here say Hi !!

Reply #17
Thanks for all the comments on my cars, No this was a private owner car but that one dont look bad. Im In no hurry so I will just keep looking. I just had some play money for a 408 stroker build so Im will just complete that I have the heads cam lifters ect Guess I will order my stroker kit this week. The heads are sweet trick flow twisted wedge stage1 porting by foxlakeracing.com

Oldraven your dad is correct the sprint came with a 4bl carb/intake setup its rare I have everything but some linkage to change my car over to 4bl If I want to go down the road.

So Im not that upset about it I have alot of other stuff to monkey around with. Need less to say the wife wasnt abit up set when I didnt come home with another car LOL.

I will keep you guys updated on my 408 build here are a few pic's off the port work.
    • 1967 cougar
    • 1967 GTO/Clone
    • 1966 tempest OHC6 all org
    [/LIST]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #18
    1badbird is an under statement that car is sick just watched your video I LOVE IT what type of motor you running?
      • 1967 cougar
      • 1967 GTO/Clone
      [/LIST]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #19
      Hello and welcome to the site! Nice rides!! A buddy of mine has a 64 GTO he built from the ground up. It has a 400 with tri power. It's built pretty good, it rumbles very nicely! I think I might have posted a video of here somewhere.

New here say Hi !!

Reply #20
      Welcome!
      1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
      2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
      2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

New here say Hi !!

Reply #21
      Quote from: straycats;310878
      1badbird is an under statement that car is sick just watched your video I LOVE IT what type of motor you running?

Thanks Straycats , Its a 466 with aluminum CJ heads , Check my first post there is some pictures . Its titled NEW GUY AND RIDE HERE .

New here say Hi !!

Reply #22
      Quote from: straycats;310878
      1badbird

I don't mean to get touchy....but please put the space between 1 & Bad as there are 2 of us with the same name.
      Thanks

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
      16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
      17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #23
      Welcome Stray, nice cars you have there.  I have a few as well :D including a 79 XR7 5.0HO  some pics floating around here somewhere, I'll see if I can locate them.

New here say Hi !!

Reply #24
      I been Looking at everyone pic's on here Some nice cars for sure. Nice setup <1&badbird> just messin with ya :)  Im building a 408
       94 F4TE 351w roller block street driver hope to get 450+ horse 4.11 gears I know seems like alot for a street car. but red light to red light should be a blast till I get busted lol here are some pic's of my pontiac 400 build last year.Runs great for a street car 3,000 stall 3.55 gears 3 inch stove pipes raddles the windows in and out the drive, 70 block with 69 ram air heads pontaic stuff is $$$ I could of bought a set of alum AFR heads for a ford or chevy for what it cost to do them iron ones. On that note Your car sounds supper strong And I like the loud paint also :)
        • 1967 cougar
        • 1967 GTO/Clone
        [/LIST]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #25
        Quote from: straycats;310931
        I been Looking at everyone pic's on here Some nice cars for sure. Nice setup <1&badbird> just messin with ya :)  Im building a 408
         94 F4TE 351w roller block street driver hope to get 450+ horse 4.11 gears I know seems like alot for a street car. but red light to red light should be a blast till I get busted lol here are some pic's of my pontiac 400 build last year.Runs great for a street car 3,000 stall 3.55 gears 3 inch stove pipes raddles the windows in and out the drive, 70 block with 69 ram air heads pontaic stuff is $$$ I could of bought a set of alum AFR heads for a ford or chevy for what it cost to do them iron ones. On that note Your car sounds supper strong And I like the loud paint also :)

Hey Straycats , Its the other guy that posted about the space between 1 and BADBIRD, It doesn't matter to me space or no space . Thanks for the compliments on my TBird . Your windsor sounds like it should be killer .
        4.11s are not to much for the street , I am running 4.11s in my TBird with no problems . I am also running 4.30s in my 73 Mercury Montego with a 351Windsor on the street with no problem . Here is a picture of my other two rides . The Montego I have had for 24 years and the 74 AMC Matador I am restoring for my wife . Her father bought it brand new and gave it to us because he knew I would restore it and take care of it .
        [/IMG]
        [/IMG]
        [/IMG]
        [/IMG]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #27
        Straycat: Nice 67 Cougar  good luck on the hnt for the 87-88 Cougar

Nice Pontiac's  also

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
        Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

New here say Hi !!

Reply #28
        Welcome, nice Cougar!!
        1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
        1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
        1934 Ford - My project car