Skip to main content
Topic: New here say Hi !! (Read 2798 times) previous topic - next topic

New here say Hi !!

Hey guys, Just wanted to say hello and ask if you think 1988 xr7 in near perfect condition with 90k is worth $3,000 black/red buckets floor shift. I'd say it has everything but a sun roof one owner car. I have owned five 87 88 cougars over the years with that said I going to buy it! Just wanted to hear some feed back on the price from other cat lovers.
    • 1967 cougar
    • 1967 GTO/Clone
    • 1966 tempest OHC6 all org
    [/LIST]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #1
    Welcome!

I'm sure most would agree that's a good price if it's in as good condition as you say it is.
    2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
    5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

New here say Hi !!

Reply #2
    Thank you, Been looking around nice site you all have here.Plan is going to get it tomorrow If every thing goes well I will post some pic's when I get it home. I really have NO room for another car but I gotta have it never know when I would find another this clean. Here are some pic's of my other toys
      • 1967 cougar
      • 1967 GTO/Clone
      [/LIST]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #3
      up here in the north. it's a great find for the price i think
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      ***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
      [/COLOR]
      5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
      Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
      Join us on Facebook

New here say Hi !!

Reply #4
      Geesh one old car is enough of a PITA but you have 4. Kudos to you:D
      88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New here say Hi !!

Reply #5
      There Like lays potato chips one isnt enough, I really dont have any room for the cars and extra parts I have now but I cant bring my self to lets this pass by. I look all the time and there getting few and far between that are in good shape and this one is a cream puff. Pic's to come asap.
        • 1967 cougar
        • 1967 GTO/Clone
        [/LIST]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #6
        i LOVE the Tempest!

Most of those are GTO's now... great car.

Makes me miss my Poncho days...

New here say Hi !!

Reply #7
        Quote from: nathan moonen;310771
        i LOVE the Tempest!

Most of those are GTO's now... great car.

Makes me miss my Poncho days...

Tempest Its my favorite one it was a one owner ladys car has 69,000 org miles last time it had plates registerd to it was 1980 its truly unmolested barn find. Still has some org clamps and -bat cable. They are pretty rare most got cloned like my red one was when I got it. Only thing I did was change the wheels
          • 1967 cougar
          • 1967 GTO/Clone
          [/LIST]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #8
          SWEEET!!! .................and it's a post car , even sweeter :D
          Fox-less at the moment

New here say Hi !!

Reply #9
          Been looking around got some really nice cats and birds on here. Like I said in the start of the thread I have had 5 cougar three 87's one 88 and a 79 xr7 + the 67 I own now. So its six total over the years first time I see the 87 xr7 I fell in love with it and told my girl at the time that is now the wife that will be a hotrod/collector car some day she said ya think All I could SAY ITS shagY Im pumped on getting another one cant wait till tomorrow :)
            • 1967 cougar
            • 1967 GTO/Clone
            [/LIST]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #10
            Nice Poncho's! It's cool that you kept the straight six in there. My father owned a '68 Firebird (Sprint in the US) with the 250 HOC. He says it's bar none the biggest fire-breather he's ever owned.

New here say Hi !!

Reply #11
            Awesome cars...welcome aboard!
            '84 Mustang
            '98 Explorer 5.0
            '03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
            '06 Explorer EB 4.6

New here say Hi !!

Reply #13
            Welp so much for that cat, Back on the hunt the nerve of some people. I went to get the car cash in hand the guy says I have other people that are looking at and Im asking $4,000 for it now!! I mite of paid 4k for but I aint playin no games ten years ago I would knocked his lights out but I have a little more control now days. So I will keep looking something will come along untill then back to my 408 stroker build for my 67 cat. As I was driving home I was thinking this jerk never heard of ebay if he wants people bidding on a car. I dont think I would deal with him if called me and said  I will take the 3k for it.
              • 1967 cougar
              • 1967 GTO/Clone
              [/LIST]

New here say Hi !!

Reply #14
              Welcome to the site.those are some nice toys you have there.

I dont live to far from you,about 35 miles south of you.
              Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
              :birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              :birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
              1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.