Skip to main content
Topic: WANTED: Alarm Light For Console (Read 456 times) previous topic - next topic

WANTED: Alarm Light For Console

I am looking for the red alarm light for the console if anyone has one to sell. I need to fill this space in my console switch bezel.

Reply #1
Wow, never seen that before. 

bump
Mike

Reply #2
Run to Radio shack, check out their selection, they normaly have LED's from every shape and size
86 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, 66 289 HI-PO, auto.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hoof beats may be faster than heartbeats, but birds are faster than ponies!

Reply #3
that's a really rare item i think
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #4
Well the only reason I need it is that I stripped off the aluminum trim that was warped, seperating  and the black pebble paint was peeling. I stripped off the adhesive residue where the aluminum overlay used to be. That exposes extra holes made into the trim plate for the passenger power seat switchs and the alarm security light. The RH power seat switch is no problem. I'll simply find a power seat track and make it functional. However I am left with the rectangular hole the alarm lamp goes in. So far it's not likely I will find this.

Reply #5
Keep trying. I think the factory alarm was more common on the earlier models. For example, I found one in an '84 Turbo Coupe and stuck it in my '88 XR7.
I rarely, if ever, see that light in '87-'88 cars.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Quote from: cougarcragar;287909
Keep trying. I think the factory alarm was more common on the earlier models. For example, I found one in an '84 Turbo Coupe and stuck it in my '88 XR7.
I rarely, if ever, see that light in '87-'88 cars.

I cannot find any 1983-84 cars in salvage yards in this area. Everything from 1985-88 had no center console unless it was a Turbo or Sport.

Hopefully someone here can help!

Reply #7
I found one...

but it seems to come with a car attached: http://tinyurl.com/has-a-factory-alarm

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #8
Quote from: ProTouring442;289079
I found one...

but it seems to come with a car attached: http://tinyurl.com/has-a-factory-alarm

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

:flip::rollin: Nice find! That would be a great car too!