Skip to main content
Topic: So I went to this cruise night last night...... (Read 2396 times) previous topic - next topic

So I went to this cruise night last night......

And I was suprised at how much attention the T-bird got from Mustang guys:D. I was parked next to a brand new GT500KR and they didn't even give it a second look. They were all asking how hard the HO swap was, if it was as easy to convert it to MAF as a Mustang, what heads the T-bird had, and other questions about what Mustang parts work on it ect. They liked the car and I was suprised at how much attention it got from hard core 87-93 fox body guys. Any one else ever have this happen?

Oh and here are some pics of my T-bird not taken by me but a photographer at the show. I need to clean the engine bay again as it looks a bit dirty ;)

88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1
Ever try Simple Green to clean your engine? Best stuff I've ever used! Just spray on a warm engine and hose off 15 minutes later, the stuff is amazing I'm telling you.

Reply #2
Quote from: 86XR7project;276867
Ever try Simple Green to clean your engine? Best stuff I've ever used! Just spray on a warm engine and hose off 15 minutes later, the stuff is amazing I'm telling you.

Not on the engine in my T-bird as it's painted/detailed (ie the block, heads, and intake are painted) as well as the engine bay. I just need to dust it and get some of the grime that the fan has kicked up off of it;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
It looks great man, no wonder they liked it so much. I think we thundercat guys deserve a little more respect sometimes. Hope it felt good :D.

Reply #4
Very nice looking Bird!  Congrats! :)
'87 Cougar LS V6 (stock) Daily Driver
'06 Lincoln LS V8

'12 F-150 SCrew FX4 5.0L
'80 Thunderbird V8 (mild 304) [sold to friend]

Reply #5
Nice!!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis