Skip to main content
Topic: Looking for SOCAL owners (Read 2564 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for SOCAL owners

I would like to see how many SOCAL Thunderbird owners are out there who would like to meet up for a showor meeting here in San Diego. Any years and any type welcome.

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #1
MMC Mike...When I was stationed in San Diego there was not many owners that were really into their T-Birds and Cougars. Given this site did not exist and the internet was brand new, but the Junk Yards were full of T-Birds and Cougars ripe for the picking, which is kinda weird.

I wish I was still stationed there just to meet up with you and BS about the Fox bodies, brother. Maybe in a 1.5 year time span I can get back to my favorite T-Bird nesting spot.

Dallas

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #2
The bone yards are still fill with prime pickings for tbirds and cougars. If you are looking for anything let me know and I'll see if I can get it.

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #3
I thought they would be....I miss SD. The birds in "Lay Up" at the homestead in IL. Won't see it for a few more years. I appreciate the offer. Maybe we can hook up when I get back to the states...I will be going to school again at FLEASW in Pt Loma for a few months if I do not get stationed there. I plan on bringing the bird and flogging the bejesus outta her at Berona's new 1/8th mile.

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #4
Are you still in Hawaii? Do you go to the tract there? I remember about 3 yrs ago we took a 88 tbird over there on board the USS Peleliu. This bird was silver and one bad ass ride. When are you coming back to the Main land? When you do look me up

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #5
That was my T-Bird on Peleliu when I PCS'ed to Hawaii. The strip closed 3 months after that. The car just sat in Hawaii for 3 years at the auto hobby shop. Mongeese moved in and tore the interior, wiring and electricals all to hell. It is just sitting again in my home town.....I have not even made a pass in the  car since 2005. It was heaps of fun when I was racing it in Mississippi.....

I will be back around January 2011.....you may not be there. I am stationed in Sydney Australia, that's why I did not bring the car out here.

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #6
I'll be retired but I'll be here in San Diego. You can look me up when you get here. Your ride was bad ass and a lot of us were drooling over it especially me. My car came over from Hawaii on board the Bonhomme Richard.

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #7
I ended up just paying to ship it back. Had to sell my trailer to to pay to ship it. That was time number two I should have just sold the car...instead I just ate it.

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #8
I'd love to do a meet if there were a few owners.  I need to fix the shimming in the IRS gears (should get to it within a couple weeks) and get the car back on the road but I'm down....
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #9
I'm here in Long Beach...a meet sounds like a great idea...:burnout:

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #10
Just an update here.
Me and this other tbird owner are going to Knottsberry ALL Ford show this yr. If anyone in SoCal (like san Diego area) want to meet up some where and drive up let me know Drop me a line. Lets show those STANG guys/gals off

Looking for SOCAL owners

Reply #11
Quote from: mljames;316452
Just an update here.
Me and this other tbird owner are going to Knottsberry ALL Ford show this yr. If anyone in SoCal (like san Diego area) want to meet up some where and drive up let me know Drop me a line. Lets show those STANG guys/gals off

I going to Knott's again this year for the FFF show.  I'll have my Cougar wagon.  My 86 bird is non-op right now.  I look for you all as there were only a couple of fox birds/cats there last year.
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com