Skip to main content
Topic: line lock? (Read 3465 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: line lock?

Reply #15
I'd get, but then again I am actually getting one.

Reason why is last year I wore out the rear brakes going to all the races I wnt to last year for my club championship. I would buy it just to save the brakes for doin burnouts. Plus you get a more consistant burn out.

Reply #16
well, my look on it was you could put more torque on the car with 4 brakes holding it than yo u could with 2 weather it was line locked in the front or the back. the only value i ever saw in them was the ability to bake the tires off the car without smoking the breaks. its always sounds cool to be able to say you have line lock.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #17
I could care less about weather its "cool" to have a line lock. If it saves me from doing the rear drum brakes on my car every 8 months i'm happy.

Did I metion I hate doin brake jobs on drum brakes.

Reply #18
why could'nt a typcial gate valve be installed in line with the front brakes being operated by a cable.  all that wont cost no more than 10 to 20 bux plus a reclaimed choke cable from an old pick up or similar.

gate valve- like what you would consider to be an ON and OFF valve for an Air Compressor system in a shop. Like the ones used to cut off air supply.  Those things come in many shapes sizes, male/femal so you could mate it to a compression fitting on each side.

to operate it,, i think something along the lines of the old pickups with the choke cable up in the cab.

far more simple and eliminates so many parts.  Need a line lock then pull in the cable.,, undo line lock then push it back in.  could be a trigger device on a stick shift which is spring loaded so it opens back up after you let go of the trigger.

Reply #19
neet idea but would that be safe and reliable?

~John~

Reply #20
Quote from: shame302
neet idea but would that be safe and reliable?

did i miss something? :crazy:

same application as this.http://bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=49

its the same as a gate valve but is defered when presure is off. 
still mounts in your cab
still have to reach and push something

Reply #21
hmmm, i know it says not to use it as an ebrake but......

~John~