Skip to main content
Topic: My '88 T-bird (Read 2342 times) previous topic - next topic

My '88 T-bird

Here is my '88 when sitting 100% stock.  It is currently undergoing the transformation I have always dreamed about while getting through college.  As of this moment it is sitting in our shop on jackstands with the new Turbo Coupe rearend in place and waiting on new wheels/tires.  (I also need to get crackin' on front springs, and setting up the proportioning valve).  fun fun!
:http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/233000-233999/233524_4.jpg
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Re: My '88 T-bird

Reply #1
Here's another one.  The plans are to do the suspension this winter and then build and motor & trans next summer (verdict still out on how their going to be built.)
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #2
And one more...well let me know what you guys think and any advice on what modifications she needs! :headbang:

Reply #3
You stuck foglights in the sport bumper? Nice. I wish my car had the side markers in the moulding since it looks a lot better in my opinion.

Overall, nice looking car. How's the paint holding up? It appears that the moulding on the back bumper needs to be repainted but the rest looks great.

Edit:
Oh, it did come with the stripe down the side, right? If so, when was it removed (how long was it stuck to the car) and how?
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #4
Quote from: Seek

Edit:
Oh, it did come with the stripe down the side, right? If so, when was it removed (how long was it stuck to the car) and how?

I'm not sure I get what you mean but as far as the side marker light that was always there.  The side moldings are factory originals too.  I did repaint the front bumper cover once as the paint started flicking off (much like the rear bumper is now).  As far as overall paint I have the usual rock chips, scratches from all the years and miles.  The paint on the trunk is starting to get pretty thin but overall it still looks good for stock paint.  I plan to get it totally repainted a similar color and paint the black side moldings, side mirrors, and grill to match.

Reply #5
sorry, I meant an accent stripe down the entire side that came on (I think) all the 5.0's - then again, in the last picture, it looks like you have a stripe down the side. I must not have been looking close enough, it looked like a reflection.

I need to remove my stripe since its worn out in spots, especially the drivers side.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #6
Lookin' good man.
Fly on Thunderbird, Fly! Operation Buy Back My Tbird or one like it funding: $0