Skip to main content
Topic: .001 (Read 3225 times) previous topic - next topic

5 runs in tonight, .001 react, NOBODY beats me the first 100'. New best for the Nismo as well (18.326@71.83, 2.41 60'). That is all...

Reply #1
.085 was the worst BTW...

Anybody want to tree for slips? :hick:

Reply #2
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;137463
.085 was the worst BTW...

Anybody want to tree for slips? :hick:

Bring it on. You have seen my numbers, both reaction time and consistancy, c'mon over, I'll gladly put you on the trailer ;) BTW, this is what it looks like to a guy in a 12.50 car running one of those 17.50 hazzards, yes I WON this round.....

What the heck happened to getting the TC to the track? Its hard to get that 11.80 with a truck.

Bob Myers

Reply #3
Heads not done yet *sigh*. Supposed to be done Monday and the track is open an hour early next week.

Reply #4
Our track still uses .500 as perfect... Cut a .504 in the first round tonight... then ran out... :punchballs: :punchballs:

On the brakes 8.70 on a 8.74 dial, per the 330 ft time would have ran 8.65(getting cooler)... Next round(yea I bought back), cut a .512 light and went 8.74 on a 8.65 dial $hitttt ... I did win the round(by .022), as luckily my opponent spun the tires off the line and lost close to a tenth on the 60ft... Third round opponent redlighted, don't remember my light(wasn't good, I had to spot him so I didn't get in a hurry after he fouled)... Friggin' Bird went 8.57 on a 8.69 dial, was just all over the place... Dialed it down to 8.59 and redlighted, went 8.62 on the 8.59... Wasn't my night...:mad:

Reply #5
Got to love it Tom. I havent talked to you in a while, is that the same engine, or rebuilt this year? Thats one thing I hate about "good" weather, my ET's are all over the place too, maybe even worse with the turbo stuff. At least in the heat I'm dead consistant, slow, but consistant :D Tracks still rent open up here, weekend after Easter before I even get a test and tune in :(

Bob Myers

Reply #6
Tom's still running the crank-walker :hick: I don't have room to talk though, his car actually runs!

How's the clutch break-in going Bob? You all set for opening?

The weather was PERFECT last night but I spent all day landscaping with the girl in our backyard so I spent the night on the couch with a hotpad and happy pills :( Not like the truck is "exiting" to race anyways. I did try to get her to let me take the Grand Prix down once "just to see", but no dice ;) Oh well, I have 4 days to work on Layla before racing. Should be enough to get her together, break everything in, and make sure she'll tech.

Reply #7
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;137619
How's the clutch break-in going Bob? You all set for opening?

I've got almost 100 miles on the clutch, need to get 4-500 more, I should be able to do that by openeing weekend. Long range weather dont look good for that anyway, its supposed to tank around here the middle of next week, then be cold again for a few weeks (might even snow gain). Easter weekend, I'm going to hook up the line lock, thats all thats left from my winter plans.

13 days 0 hrs 10 mins left until Opening Day!

Bob Myers

Reply #8
Hi Bob..  How you been???  Yeah it's been awhile...

As Michael mentioned everything is still status quo... Guess I been dragging my feet on getting the 331 together... Engine builder(a friend) has been busy with other stuff, need to bug him a little...

I'm sorta looking for a slow, CONSISTENT, beater to run in the points series(starts next week), so I can redo the Bird... Neighbor has a '96 Nissan Sentra that isn't on the road, hoping he'll come off it cheap...

Reply #9
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;137621
Hi Bob..  How you been???  Yeah it's been awhile...

I couldnt be better right now :D I lost most of last year to work, we built a plant in China, so I spent all summer over there for start-up.

I'm still debating on running local for points, or running local ocassionally, and running these guys for points....

http://www.umtrnorth.com/

I will have a lot better chance running their street stick class, and the nice thing is its like every other week, but I need to travel more. I bought a full size truck last fall so thats no longer an issue. I'm also still T-bird less. Trying to find a nice 85/86 turbo coupe with an auto to make into a bracket racer ;)

Glad to talk to you again, good luck for the season. May all you lights be perfect, and your passes on the dial :D

Bob Myers

Reply #10
Nissan trucks are slow, reliable, and consistant as rocks :hick:

It's sunny outside, I'm going to drag my butt out there and work on the car...grumble...grumble...

Reply #11
WOW Bob thats a great site, some of those pictures are just plain fantastic... I love to see the 60s full size and intermediates reaching for the sky...

No doubt, manual tranny racing separates the men from the boys... Love to bang 'em myself, I'm just to hard on parts and could never afford the really durable stuff...

BTW that wasn't your Capri was it????

Reply #12
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;137634
BTW that wasn't your Capri was it????

The black car pictured there is a mustang (81 I think). Mine only peeks a little light on launch last year, might be different this year, I got all the suspension tied together, and swapped to Eibach launch springs, so we will see.

I know what you mean about parts. I ate a clutch in aboput 30 passes last year, so I got a lot of money (for me) into a new one for this year (like $450.00), likely to start breaking T5's this season ;)

I got this problem fixed with an air bag (burrying the left year).......

Then ran into this problem a lot (spinning)........

Finally got it hook straight and hard (notice my friend the red light).........

Then started driving through the clutch :( It should be a lot better this year, we will see. I've got skinnies for it, will be racing without the front bar, and like I said earlier have more drag friendly shocks and struts now :D We will see ;)

Bob Myers