Skip to main content
Topic: Sub-frame connectors (Read 2991 times) previous topic - next topic

Sub-frame connectors

Reply #15
Quote from: Red_LX;138071
Well, I have seat braces too, I got what I believe was Chuck's last set of braces.

However, I figure it probably wouldn't be THAT hard to make your own seat braces. Would just require a little extra R&D work under the car.

If I could get enough interest, I'd get some more made up.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Sub-frame connectors

Reply #16
Start a thread!

Sub-frame connectors

Reply #18
If you guys can talk Chuck into making them again, use his seat braces, and then source the straight tube local. They make a HUGe difference in the car, and I think the seat braces are important to that. I just installed a set in my Capri, and there is no way those seat braces could be made to work with the t-bird Chassis.

these are the brackets from Chuck.......

Real nice pieces, and worth every penny.

Bob Myers

Sub-frame connectors

Reply #19
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;138126
Griggs racing has some serious sfc kits.
http://www.griggsracing.com/index.php/cPath/5_1020

Would be nice if they had some "installed" pics, I don't understand exactly how their "upper" connectors work...whether they're through the floor subs or what. I also don't understand where the bulkhead stiffeners attach.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Sub-frame connectors

Reply #21
Thanks... great info

Sub-frame connectors

Reply #22
Yeah, Griggs doesn't have the greatest website.

Sub-frame connectors

Reply #23
I think the biggest reasons for the two part sfc is that not everyone wants to fork out the cash for the stiffest you can get and there are a few like me that may have to go with the lower SFC first and add the upper later. You also have to consider that the two extra walls between the connectors is going to give an extra measure of rgidity.