Skip to main content
Topic: Autocross? (Read 2366 times) previous topic - next topic

Autocross?

Hi guys,
Last year I took my thunderbird to an Autocross in Rantoul, IL. It was at Fort Chanute AFB. I believe the event is hosted by the SCCA club of urbana-champaign. There's an autocross this saturday (Sept. 20th) and another Oct. 18th.

It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I was the only tbird there. Lots of miatas and s2000's. But i think itd be pretty cool to have a bunch of tbirds/cougars show up!

Let me know what you think!

Kyle
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Autocross?

Reply #1
I autoX my Tbird regularly thru the summer in central IN. Just attended one last weekend at the State Fairgrounds with the Indy region. There is another on the 28th with the Columbus region.

I ran over at Rantoul once a couple years back. That is the Champaign County Sports Car Club - not affiliated with SCCA as far as I am aware.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Autocross?

Reply #2
hmmm, september 28th? That might be something to consider :)
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Autocross?

Reply #3
Yes, Sept. 28th.

http://www.cscc-scca.org/
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Autocross?

Reply #4
Sept 28 there's an event at Toledo Express Airport in the Northwestern Ohio Region(NWOR) SCCA too.  Great smooth concrete and a nice large site too.  However it is a long drive for both of you guys.  Can't say that in the 8 years of autoxing i've done, I've never run with another tbird!

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick: